What's new

Future of .au's

Kaiser77

V. interesting comments all round. However, at the end of the day this "Internet Property" market is in its infancy. The last thing AuDA will do is put themselves on the front page of the SMH as the pariah of the .au namespace. Don't forget, this is all new to them as well so cut them some slack. I believe in time you'll see more U.S. like conditions for registration (no ABN etc) which will result in a huge number of participants in Oz.

Meanwhile James' Pac. Octane is simply investing in the future - nothing wrong with that. For my part I think that good .au domain names (particularly generics) are rare and will only increase over time. Much the same could be said for those lucky souls that bought into TLD's back in the 1990's. Names like Rent.com, Shopping.com and Property.com are pure gold and the .au, though not as lucrative, will undoubtedly increase over time as the Oz public become aware of this new market and also have increased access.

K77.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
yes good luck to james for taking a punt , i would love to tell people they can reg an 'aussie website address' without having to be a business , and i sure do agree about this being in its infancy with better things to come , i expect the internet to be more visual based , channels and online tv in the future , i have a few channel names and show names in that hope, i feel to reg in your own cctld is good choice , it seems here in australia all new names are in .com.au or .net.au , only older websites have .com , the .com.au has a great future ......... good luck to all

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo