What's new

Ftp Question

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Ok as usual i having trouble doing something and i end up asking for some advice

I have not really done the ftp thing before so not well versed but happy enough to try and after viewing a few youtube vids seems worth the effort because i did order a logo from logonerds

Now the problem i am having is that i logon to filezila using the webiste musicforum.com.au but it has come to my attention i am getting all my hosted files ??

Because when i tried to track down the 'image files' i couldn't find it and that's when it occurred to me that for some reason i am not seeing what i should be at filezila ??

Any ideas ....... has this happened to you , in other words i logged on as this site but only get my hosting info instead of the site files which i thought i would see considering i logged on as 'musicforum' ??

I am bit confused and as usual lost on the whole thing, it seemed so simple after watching the youtube vid, but if i cant get to the site i cant do the changes ?

why didn't it open on the site i wonder ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9tsMHO4R_w

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
turns out after a bit more fiddling i clicked 'enter directory' and made my way there

happy for admin to delete this if they chose

BellParc

I understand spacey! I had a lot of trouble understanding how the whole web thing worked! I just get my IT Manager to do it all now! :)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
whilst i don't enjoy constantly running into brick walls i do at least learn from the problems ...... i think my I.T manager may be out to lunch

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo