What's new

from concept to deployment

findtim

Top Contributor
hi, every week i stop and just sit and ponder whats just happened in the last week and what could happen in the next week, this is generally called "friday"

Well this friday i pondered last week and came to realise that i'm not getting my ideas/concepts for my domains into action and deployed quick enough

this is NOT procrastination as i don't live in that realm

what seems to be stopping me is i've started looking to the end result "vision" of the project which is like starting a game of chess and trying to predict every move , i've previously always had a statement that is "just start" and i've worked on that for the last 11 years, is this just old age creeping up? LOL

I'm posting this as i'm interested in other techniques to get from domain name registration to deployment and then to sale and move on to the next one.

other valid info is i work from a home office and this is 100% of my income, this is not a hobby.

tim

helloworld

Top Contributor
I can flip a site in 24 hours. I'd be keen on some JV's if you have some decent domains.

I am also still learning but my main idea is keyword domain, flip site, get rank, sell or lease.

neddy

Top Contributor
I'm posting this as i'm interested in other techniques to get from domain name registration to deployment and then to sale and move on to the next one.

What sort of numbers / quantity are you talking about Tim? And do you buy in similar genres / niches?

For those of us that purchase a reasonable amount of domains, it simply isn't practical to develop all of them properly within a short space of time.

So we end up parking them in the interim until we get around to developing them.

That's the theory anyway. ;)

James

Top Contributor
I can flip a site in 24 hours. I'd be keen on some JV's if you have some decent domains.

I am also still learning but my main idea is keyword domain, flip site, get rank, sell or lease.

The thing is if you want to sell a revenue rich domain and website, not one is going to buy the site/domain unless it has long term revenue.

If you have any sales in the $XX,XXX+ (even $X,xxx) range people will want to see at least 1-2 years+ revenue history before they invest any thing at all.

I know because I have tested this theory numerous times in the past with sales on Flippa and the likes.

helloworld

Top Contributor
The thing is if you want to sell a revenue rich domain and website, not one is going to buy the site/domain unless it has long term revenue.

If you have any sales in the $XX,XXX+ (even $X,xxx) range people will want to see at least 1-2 years+ revenue history before they invest any thing at all.

I know because I have tested this theory numerous times in the past with sales on Flippa and the likes.

Yeah, I think you are referring to content based websites that rely on advertising income or online product sales, however I am referring to conversion based sites within a market.

findtim

Top Contributor
What sort of numbers / quantity are you talking about Tim? And do you buy in similar genres / niches?

For those of us that purchase a reasonable amount of domains, it simply isn't practical to develop all of them properly within a short space of time.

So we end up parking them in the interim until we get around to developing them.

That's the theory anyway. ;)

i can build an ecommerce website but can't seem to work out how to reply and quote the 3 different queations i was asked !

SO Neddy, the answer is i'd be happy to do 40+ in individual genres/niches RIGHT NOW and i have a list of potential markets but am holding off because of TIME and cashflow, my breakeven point would on be 2 websites, and the forcast is that cashflow isn't going to be a problem so it thus gets back to TIME.

parking: yeh see thats the main issue, i'm not a fan of that, i want the work IN then OUT, i'm a "systems" guy meaning i'll sit on my arse for 2 weeks working out a system knowing that in the long run i will get that 2 weeks back in saved time. Thus why you have probably see me very active on DNT lately

AS i am now fully motivated to the "buy build sell" concept luckily i have some time right now to create the system that works for me.... once i work out what that system is and i'm probably at 55% so far.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
......least 1-2 years+ revenue history before they invest any thing at all. .

totally right, so the quicker you can a site activated into a revenue stream the sooner you can flip it

when i was doing photography portraits we called it FBF " foward booking factor" the more you had in the pipeline the more chance they would show up and the more chance of making sales.

basically i have 100 portrait bookings next month, 50 will cancel, 25 will actually show up and 15 will buy something. Thus if you only have 50 bookings for next month your potential is only 7 sales and these figures are all derived from the history of the marketing promotion you are running and go up and down, just like adwords.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member