What's new

Free Hosting

johno69

Top Contributor
I was a client of theirs for many years until they "Sold" their shared hosting clients.

The thing that got to me was 12 months later they sent me emails saying "Sorry you left, please come back".

I've never gone back, and am still with (and happy with) the hosting provider they shipped us all off to.

findtim

Top Contributor
for some reason i think i had dealings with them also but just can't find the emails right now, i had ALL HELL, it cost me HONESTLY a month of work, i could be wrong but its stinging my ears so maybe i'm not.

if you go in then go in light at first would be my suggestion.

i'm same as johno69, happy where i am, free isn't free....... time you NEVER get back.

tim

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Yeah, going back a while but tried to contact them about a customers dns. Couldn't tell who to contact, or how to contact them. They seemed to have two businesses, that were unrelated but still supported redundant services.

They completed my request and support staff were helpful. But it was confusing.

Perhaps they have improved since then?

Sent from my HTC One X using DNTrade mobile app

TpD

Hosting account created = $0
Domain name transfered = $0
Accessed cpanel and installed WP = $0
Downloaded and installed a theme = $0
cartyre.net.au

Just suggesting it's a decent low cost starting place or sandbox for people.

I'm not affiliated or associated with this company, just passing on what I found.
Thomas :)

findtim

Top Contributor
Hosting account created = $0
Domain name transfered = $0
Accessed cpanel and installed WP = $0
Downloaded and installed a theme = $0
cartyre.net.au

Just suggesting it's a decent low cost starting place or sandbox for people.

I'm not affiliated or associated with this company, just passing on what I found.
Thomas :)

yeh all cool and thanks for the info, what these things are good for are your test domains, you create something off site so when all the bugs are out of it you can load it to the real domain, i use IP addresses but others may not be able to eg:
http://111.222.333.44/~testdomain

http://111.222.333.44/~testdomain/wp-admin

i've had no problems with clients that have very little knowledge dealing with IP links.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member