What's new

Forex.com.au

Rhythm

Top Contributor
They seem to own naked-dsl.com.au. I'm sure I saw that on somebody's signature somewhere sometime..

Nice no-frill site. Uses thesis. (seems to be quite a popular, albeit boring theme)

They have some sort of plan comparison thing going on. Nice script. Any idea where I can find something like that?

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
wow!

That` s easily $100K domain....too bad I just read about this otherwise I would have wrote to a few guys I know and the bidding war would have been much hotter.

Can`t believe somone let it drop like this...who was the previous Registrant?

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
Apparently there are affiliate programs for Forex trading.
Some pay up to like $10k per referral.

Couple of referrals and the domain is paid off

10K per referral what? Maybe 10K hot balloons....:D

Or did you mean $10?

Newk

Why do you think it's gone so much higher on Domain Watch?

I feel really sorry for the buyer, because I am 99% certain they got shilled into paying nearly another $15k. Both drop services were sitting at around $15k right at the end, but then DW suddenly went to $30K. If the other bidder was a serious buyer, why would they not have bid on Drop as well? Drop stayed at $15k.

soj

Founder
Some people may not be a member of Drop, or even know about drop. Drop usually misses the high end domains anyway.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I have spoken at length with Luke in the past, and I can assure you he seems a nice genuine guy. He is wanting to sell a domain with us, so he must be nice! ;) He is also a member on this forum.

He was a legitimate purchaser of forex.com.au - and was prepared to invest to get it. So good on him.

However, there do seem to be some rumblings behind the scenes with regards to what he ended up paying. If there were any problems, hopefully that will "come out in the wash".

Seems there is never a dull moment in the .au drop scene

Jonathan

Top Contributor
LOL at the first comment:

larrybloch
February 5th, 2010 at 2:34 pm

the Sydney group associated with Larry Bolton’s Net Registry at the Netfleet.com.au domain marketplace.

I think my name is Larry Bloch, not Larry Bolton. Unless I’m very confused.

Oz.

Top Contributor
Nick Bolton’s Domainwatch.com.au and, of course, the Sydney group associated with Larry Bolton’s Net Registry at the Netfleet.com.au domain marketplace.
I think my name is Larry Bloch, not Larry Bolton. Unless I’m very confused.
LOL. If there were so many Bolton's in the industry then no doubt in time Michael Bolton will become involved and start his own registrar and drop catching service, after all his music career is pretty much done for.

Link

Hi guys,

seeing this thread has resurfaced I thought I would say hi again. I ended up paying the full amount for the domain to DomainWatch as I bid in the auction.

There was talk on the forum of shill bidding and several people contacted me about it, so I raised the issue with DW. They denied it but unfortunately never gave any detailed explanations which I asked for several times. We had some interesting back and forth and to cut a long story short I paid for it.

I am happy that I have the domain and am now working on developing it.

Cheers,

Luke

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Hi guys,

seeing this thread has resurfaced I thought I would say hi again. I ended up paying the full amount for the domain to DomainWatch as I bid in the auction.

There was talk on the forum of shill bidding and several people contacted me about it, so I raised the issue with DW. They denied it but unfortunately never gave any detailed explanations which I asked for several times. We had some interesting back and forth and to cut a long story short I paid for it.

Cheers,

Luke

good luck , most would say your on a winner

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi guys,

Cheers,

Luke

That's a great attitude to have. You got a fantastic domain at a price you were happy with - that's the main thing.

People are so quick to cry foul - just looking for excuses to bring other people down.

Why can't people believe that although Drop had a high bid of $15K, DW might have got $30K

The other big sale recently CarParts.com.au got $18K on Drop but $6K on DW.

It's just the way it works sometimes I reckon...

Jonathan

Top Contributor
I'm not sure if there was 'foul play' or not, but regardless I think you made the right call going ahead with the sale. Even $30k is a bargain in my opinion, and I think once the site is developed and ranking, you'll make back that money ridiculously quickly.

Just as an aside, we were talking about type in traffic the other day, and it doesn't get much more premium than forex.com.au, so just wondering what kind of type in (i.e. direct) traffic you're currently getting?

Link

Just as an aside, we were talking about type in traffic the other day, and it doesn't get much more premium than forex.com.au, so just wondering what kind of type in (i.e. direct) traffic you're currently getting?

Hi Jonathan,

just sent you a PM answering the above.

Cheers,

Luke

Rhythm

Top Contributor
Hi Link,

So I take it that's a yes? :D

PS. Any recommendations for a forex affiliate program to join?

Cheers

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member