What's new

FOI Request for auDA Minutes Decision

Lemon

Top Contributor
Not that I should but I though I would bump this thread.
This is an important result for members and transparency and should not be overlooked.
Members contributed financially to get this information which was deemed by auDA to be against best practice.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Not that I should but I though I would bump this thread.
This is an important result for members and transparency and should not be overlooked.
Members contributed financially to get this information which was deemed by auDA to be against best practice.

auDA Fun and Games...!?

I've heard the next FOI will be done shortly and it appears until auDA and is more transparent, accountable and they post information in best industry practices online the FOI's will continue.

Why would auDA and the auDA Board "unanimously" now stubbornly continue to refuse to post future auDA Board Minutes, Agenda's and Resolutions online when every other global domain name administration body does this as standard even ICAAN?

auDA should reimburse all of those who paid for the FOI.

Is it time for a complete new auDA Board and a member vote of No Confidence?

Lemon

Top Contributor
Is it time for a complete new auDA Board and a member vote of No Confidence?
Personally I see no reason for a completely new auDA Board.
I want change and would like to see a board that would reflect this.
I agree that there should be a vote of no confidence in the board, maybe it would give them a kick to start communicating with members as we may want to achieve the same goals which are inclusive of all parties having an interest in use of the domain name system in Australia. It is just a matter of how.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Personally I see no reason for a completely new auDA Board.
I want change and would like to see a board that would reflect this.
I agree that there should be a vote of no confidence in the board, maybe it would give them a kick to start communicating with members as we may want to achieve the same goals which are inclusive of all parties having an interest in use of the domain name system in Australia. It is just a matter of how.

When board decisions are "unanimously" repeatedly wrong and even the Commonwealth Government Lawyers start overruling them as is now the case what other choice besides a new Board is there?

Those on the board who did not vote "unanimously" may have had a case to stay but as for the others are they really doing their duties under the Corporations Act and also in the best interests of members, Government, domain name consumers, Supply registrars, resellers etc?

The document from the Government Lawyers clearly shows they also have concerns and they also still want public website access so they also can download the documents as they have been doing for years off the auDA website. The government writes this in the Decision to allow the FOI.

If a new auDA Board could be put together with actual committed Domain Name Industry Experienced people this would be the best thing. There are crucial issues to resolve and only those fully committed, with the time and industry knowledge should apply.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo