What's new

Flippa's Melbourne Meetup - June 18, 6pm

Hi All,

We're holding a meetup for our Melbourne community on June 18th at 6pm at Flippa HQ in Collingwood, and we'd love it if you came along.
We'll offer some insights into the Flippa marketplace, as well as a sneak peek at some new Flippa features. There will be cold beverages, snacks and birthday cake to celebrate our 6th birthday!

Get the details of the meetup and RSVP now.

We hope to see you there!

... any chance you might be able to drop some hints on some of these "new Flippa features" here on DnTrade?

I'm not across what's being shown/discussed from websites & apps but around domains it's largely showing marketplace data like the domain sales pages adoption, growth across domains Q1-2 this year and other interesting sales data (like TLD sales by region). One surprise is a peak into a site wide redesign we are working on at the moment... still awhile away from release yet.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I'm not across what's being shown/discussed from websites & apps but around domains it's largely showing marketplace data like the domain sales pages adoption, growth across domains Q1-2 this year and other interesting sales data (like TLD sales by region).
Would be very interesting to see. Will the same presentation be published on the Flippa blog?

One surprise is a peak into a site wide redesign we are working on at the moment... still awhile away from release yet.
What is the ETA on the sitewide redesign?

Will the same presentation be published on the Flippa blog
Not sure yet - I know I'm keen to at least have the domain data included in a blog post in the next two weeks!

What is the ETA on the sitewide redesign?
We have a group of people working on it right now with the aim to have it ready before the end of the year (~Q3-4). Alot of thought has gone into the redesign and not only are we looking at improving the website visually but also taking into consideration the technology - so we still have a unknowns in the timeline.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Truly Flippa
I have had enough, you send me a birthday special offer and when I try to list two .coms I get a "invalid extension" notice ........ after I changed dns and contact details, later on I try again and lucky me ......it works????
~
Today I go to use my other remaining listing credit, click on $9 auction for a domain name and TWICE after going the listing process for two different names I get a $349 checkout , again after changing dns and contact details
~
Sorry but this is driving me nuts and I will leave it with you, call me crazy but if someone offer me something I do expect it to at least work after I have put time into trying to list
~
I'll leave you with it and hope the two listings I did yesterday actually get a bid
~
As for doing some stupid rating every time someone from support replies to an email ........ no way!
~
Good luck but not for me

I try to list two .coms I get a "invalid extension" notice
Are you able to pm me the domains you were trying to list or your Flippa account? - not sure why you would have seen this error, we use the public suffix list to make sure only real domains (e.g. not subdomains or fake TLDs) are listed, we recently made fixes to this and haven't seen any issues recently (sometimes new gTLDs aren't immediately available to be listed).

I get a $349 checkout
I can understand your confusion here - on our sell page flippa.com/sell-domains we have two options (the first being auctions - $9), when you get to the checkout we place a number of upgrades descending in price down to the $9 auction (at the bottom if you hit $9 standard auction the price will flick across from the Premium Upgrade to the Standard Listing ($9). This isn't however immediately clear until you scroll down.

Apologies for the frustration getting your domains live

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
No confusion ...... I did it twice yesterday ........today the same procedure, it did not work .......I have lost interest, this is after having to jump through hoops last week to get "$1600" of upgrades only to be told after the third email attempt, "all major upgrades have now been finalised" on are on some list?? Someone else on this forum told me of the same experience. But hey it's your rep, not mine

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo