What's new

First Name Domain Value

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Hi All,

I was flicking through the netfleet expired list, and I saw casey.com.au. Now it values it very high and I thought; non keyword, non marketable, but a rich end user might love this!

Do you think first name domains have any real value?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Hi All,

I was flicking through the netfleet expired list, and I saw casey.com.au. Now it values it very high and I thought; non keyword, non marketable, but a rich end user might love this!

These types of domains generally sell poorly. There is a lot of people with the name but very few would shell out much money plus there is no real option for the domain holder to do anything with it. Give it a miss is my opinion.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
These types of domains generally sell poorly. There is a lot of people with the name but very few would shell out much money plus there is no real option for the domain holder to do anything with it. Give it a miss is my opinion.

All fair points; thanks snoopy! :)

smee

Top Contributor
Hi All,

They do if you're famous, a band or singer. Eg: Kylie.com

Ex Australian Idol Casey Donovan could have found the domain useful.

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
As you say a rich end user is your best bet. A long shot but if an Aussie billionaire called Casey wanted a new email, you could be a winner!

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
I mean someone's registered this one anyway but I was just curious. I guess there are also other considerations like towns called Casey, and theirs a company called Casey Tours, etc..

CyberClick

Top Contributor
casey stoner may write a book when he retires - he may call it "Casey". Probably more likely than calling it "stoner" ;)

djuqa

Top Contributor
Casey is the name of a suburb of Canberra so could have been regged as a GeoDomain

James

Top Contributor
Hard to tell value on it, Casey Stoner is the best market for it imo as said, many people looking for merchandise online.

Other ideas:

casey anthony
casey stoner
casey eastham
casey donovan

International:

casey affleck

Other uses:

- town names
- Tour company
- Radio station

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
uh...I got a $5,000 offer on one of my VIP names and Snoopy says they are worthless...go figure.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Seems like the kind of thing you might either:

a) Pay the reg fee 10 times and make nothing
b) Pay the reg fee 3 times then get someone wanting a vanity domain

Chumby

Top Contributor
Interestingly Penny.com.au sold today for $800+.

I have sold a couple of first names in the $1k range - it seems their generic value.

Am happy to own casey.com.au (+50 odd others) - either to develop or resell.

The .com versions were in 5 figures last time I looked...

Appreciate the advice...

Cheers
Chumby

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Interesting stuff, Chumby! I did see penny.com.au and was surprised at its drop price.

Best of luck with the name portfolio :)

snoopy

Top Contributor
uh...I got a $5,000 offer on one of my VIP names and Snoopy says they are worthless...go figure.

Let me guess......another name you can't disclose?

I never said they were worthless, I said they typically don't sell well. But then again you're the type of guy who tells people they just saw an escaped tiger in the street when the neighbours cat walks by. Keep it real.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo