What's new

Finding a good consultant

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,

I’m wanting to find someone who can provide expert consultation on a project that I’m working on. By any chance would anyone on this forum know where/how to find one of these people?

Ideally someone from Melbourne so that I can speak to them face to face. (Jus to clarify, it is a paid job.)

They need to have intimate knowledge of Facebook, Youtube, Tumblr API’s.
(In particular the Soundcloud and Foamspring apps on FB/Open Graph Protocol)
And complex understanding of the Google ranking process.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it will be hugely appreciated!!

Cheers,

Ben

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Hi Ben - it may help if you can give a little more info on the brief. :)

Thanks for the reply Ned!

Basically it’s for a start up that I’m working on.

It’s a music portal with the concept of "Let music find you." It caters for Music Lovers, Artists and Record Labels. Not sure if you remember, but I was trying to acquire a .com recently. And it was for this project.

I'm a bit hesitant to reveal the methods of operation on a public forum. But in a nutshell, I'm after someone who can consult me on how to have the user behaviour taking place on my site to appear on their facebook wall/ticker/timeline. I currently have a rough idea and wanting to find out if there are better, more effective ways.

With the other API's, they are a bit too sensitive to share. But if I ever do get this off the ground, Ill be more than happy to show.

I've posted this at a few places. Hopefully find someone soon! But I'll just take a second to thank the DNTrade team for having such a positive enviornment :)

helloworld

Top Contributor
Are you looking for someone to consult or someone to write code? If you are new to this, you are probably over complicating it. Feel free to send me a dm and I will shoot you my number for a chat. It sounds interesting.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
You can call any reputable web development firm in Melbourne. Try and find one that's known for custom work, and if the job is big enough (which this one sounds like it is) then they'll be happy to pitch for the work. Meet with them and go over the idea and then you can pick their brains as part of the process.

Or you could just commission them to work out the specifics you need. Some firms will charge to quote on large jobs if they have to do detailed research. If they are not familiar with all the APIs... I'd be worried if they couldn't read the documentation :p

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Thanks for everyone's help!

I decided to take on FPR's advice. Which proved to be quite beneficial.

Made contact with a company called Blue Chilli. Part of their business is investing in start ups. They were interested and I have a meeting with them next week. Lets see how it pans out.

Once again, thank you for everyone's input!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member