What's new

Feel like I have been scammed close to $650

James

Top Contributor
Ok so I purchase many things online and I use to sell items online via my own business. Around 2 months ago I purchased a watch online from quite a large website which was recommended to me by a college.

I have seen this website advertising heavily on Linkedin and Facebook so I thought yeah I will give it a shot. The problem was they only accepted direct debit.

The watch arrived yet it was faulty, so I sent them a email saying can I send it back to them as per their policy of 12 months returns and as I only owned it for a short period of time.

Now I sent the watch back and postal tracking confirmed it researched their business, I received a email saying yeah we received it will will look into the matter ect ect.

And since this email I have heard nothing more, I have since sent them 3 emails with no reply, called their business land line, yet the funny thing is when you call their land line you get some one who picks up the phone who is a "professional messaging company" who are talking messages on behalf of the company, I have left two messages for the company via this and never received a call back or any thing.

Today I call again and get the same message,

Now after researching online, I have found other customers have been having the same problems, sending back items and never hearing from them.

I don't know what to do as I am not located in Melbourne I can't exactly go to their business address.

Where am I left legally in this situation, what can I do?

I am quite pissed off..

Vicstar

Firstly I am sorry you had to go through this James, I'd be incredibly peeved too if it happened to me :(

I have seen this website advertising heavily on Linkedin and Facebook so I thought yeah I will give it a shot.

Do they have a Facebook page??

The problem was they only accepted direct debit.

What Business Name did you pay to? Have you looked into any other Phone numbers they could be using? If you give me some more info on them, I am sure I'll be able to find something out for you - eg. Do you have their physical address? .. (I am in Melbs :~ i used to track down skips/debtors so have a knack for finding ppl!)

ps. Here's some information that can help on Refunds & your Rights and how to get your money back..

http://www.accc.gov.au
Phone 1300 302 502

payattention

Archived Member
If you deposited the funds directly into their bank account, there's not much you can do other than file with small claims. There's no point going to the bank as they'll charge you a small fee to recover the funds but it amounts to nothing more than asking for them. They can't force the person to give it back if they decline to return it.

You can lodge a complaint with fair trading and small claims but that's a lengthy, drawn out process. It's far too easy for them to dodge you even if they rule in your favour.

Always use a credit card (not a debit card or direct deposit) to purchase goods of sizable value in future.

James

Top Contributor
Ill give them a few days if they do not reply time to launch some full scale action...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo