What's new

Extend Cookie/Login time?

zhenjie

Top Contributor
As I visit Netfleet everyday its frustrating to have to login in each time. Can we have longer sessions? Say for even 1 year.

johno69

Top Contributor
As I visit Netfleet everyday its frustrating to have to login in each time. Can we have longer sessions? Say for even 1 year.

Mine stays logged in always. But there is an issue with posts being marked as viewed even when I haven't viewed them. Always happens when i leave the browser open idle for a while.

Mark

Top Contributor

It's not too practical to maintain server side sessions for too long as it eats away at the memory of the server. Plus, when your browser closes and reopens, the session will be lost anyway (for most peoples settings). Also for security reasons it's important not to let the session stay alive for too long.

Maintaining a 1 year logged in session - I think it would be a client side setting (cookies on the computer), and might pose more of a security issue - although I'm not 100% sure. Will check it out

Having said that, since we rebuilt our server the session time is back to it's default small time of something like one hour - we can extend this for sure which will at least keep you logged in all day.

Lastly...you should be able to get the browser to remember your password for Netfleet, so you just need to click the login button and not enter details every time?

johno69

Top Contributor
Mine stays logged in always. But there is an issue with posts being marked as viewed even when I haven't viewed them. Always happens when i leave the browser open idle for a while.

Ignore that, i read the post wrong.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
hi mark. Even a day long session would be ideal, as I tend to check in morning and then before the auction starts.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
And now the login section in the header is gone. Why? It's so annoying to add another pageload each time I visit NF

Mark

Top Contributor
Would love to - but I think there are faily big SEO implications for this.

I remember reading something somewhere about this...

zhenjie

Top Contributor
I see I see. https site-wide definiely may impact seo and server resource issues I believe.

Can we extend session times now with the new login screen? Whatever browser I use I just always get logged out.

Mark

Top Contributor
Yes - now extended...should stay logged in much longer now...let me know if not

Cheers
Mark

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online