What's new

Expired to drop time frame?

johno69

Top Contributor
How long does it take these days for an expired domain name to drop?

Say for example one one expires today, how many days until we see it drop?

Thanks

Lemon

Top Contributor
Usually 30 days

How does a .au domain name obtain the ‘Expired Pending Purge’, ‘Pending Policy Delete’ or ‘Pending Delete’ status?

A .au domain name is in the expiry period (‘Expired Hold’ status) for 30 days before its status changes to ‘Expired Pending Purge’ – at which point it is in a non-recoverable stage. After being at least 24 hours in the ‘Expired Pending Purge’ status, the .au domain name is purged from the database at the next purge cycle.

A .au domain name that has been policy-deleted is in ‘Pending Policy Delete’ status for 14 days before it is eligible to be purged at the next purge cycle.

A .au domain name that has been client-deleted is in ‘Pending Delete’ status for 3 days before it is eligible to be purged at the next purge cycle.

findtim

Top Contributor
i had one this week i was purposely dropping (dropped yesterday) and it was 28 days, which did surprise me ! LOL and nobody picked it up ! sign of a shit domain?
also once it hits auda list you can get it registered but its a REALLLLLLLLLLLL gamble, sometimes it does........ sometimes not. even the "time registered" seems to mean nothing, just best not to get there imo.
i really wouldn't skim it past 25 days imo.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members