What's new

Estibot - Is it really worth it

mirecart

Top Contributor
I've heard many pros and cons about Estibot, and given even this site provides estibot as a viable valuation tool, I thought i'd ask if anyone really believes that its accurate or just another waste of time.

Bear in mind, I've put a number of domains I have through the program and had some come back as high as 12k but appraisals by others put them as zero value.

I'm interested in getting your feedback.

Estibot is not a reliable valuation tool, particularly with .au domains. It does provide useful metrics on search etc for a domain, and it is half useful in getting a feel for the value of .com domains, even then it's not accurate. _ but they do call it 'Esti' bot :)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Estibot cannot offer that "human touch' This is an important factor, humans read the news, talk .......etc
~
As mentioned by others, estibot works within certain parameters and will only be vague at best

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Interesting to see Fussy.Com on Domaining.Com yesterday via what seems to be a broker
~
The featured price is $39,000, now when you go to estibot the appraisal is at $35,000 which $39,000 minus commission is close to the appraised price, there are other sales for 5L's listed in a similar price range, a classic example of how estibot values a name
~
http://www.estibot.com/appraise.php

snoopy

Top Contributor
Estimbot is like having an inexperienced domainer sitting beside you. It could be a good indictor of whether something is worthwhile but it will be way out most of the time. There will be lots of available names that Estibot puts high values on on (that are worthless names).

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo