1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Epic Fail: The Rise and Fall of Demand Media

Discussion in 'Resources & Success Stories' started by James, Dec 9, 2013.

1. James

James Membership: VIP

3 people like this.
  2. Simon Johnson

Simon Johnson Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    This really isn't news. It might be interesting for people who are not seriously into development.

Demands issues are a result of the market power that Google has. There is always some horse trading between parking companies, ranking and search engines.

I'd disagree with it being labelled an Epic Fail.

3. James

James Membership: VIP

I just copied the original title of the article, I agree it is not an EPIC FAIL they still get 56 million unique's a month which is good.

Yeah it is not news but it is interesting case for those in large scale website development. I was not sure of the section to place this in.

4. Simon Johnson

Simon Johnson Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    James,

For the record, my comments were directed at the journo. Unfortunately the industry has its share of haters, negative publicity and people who just dont understand the model.

S

5. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Accurate article in my view. The company has been a complete flop and was rubbishy from the start. Their issues are their own, not Google's fault.

1 person likes this.
  6. petermeadit

petermeadit Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Google algorithms will be penetrating progressively deeper into content farms and any other unnatural link building practices. A lot of sites are still flying under the radar at the moment, but they are investing billions into ensuring only quality sites will be in the results into the future.
    Yet this is still a common practice, while so many are getting burned.