What's new

End User Valution and Proposal

editjpg

Hello,
I have found an end user for one of my .com.au domains who wants it mainly to stop his competition from purchasing it and may use it to redirect to his current website.

This domain is the premium domain for the end users industry which is quite large, profitable and always in demand in Australia.
It receives 1,300 exact, is brandable, easily memorable and I was very lucky to hand reg it.

I am not quite sure what price to put on it though, do you have any suggestions?

I feel the fact he does not want competition getting it gives me a lot of bargaining power and consequently a higher asking price but I really don't want to annoy him with a silly price as the guy is obviously a competent businessman.

I have spoken to him on the phone and he has asked me to send a proposal via email for consideration, so what would be the best way to do this? Could someone please link me to a good proposal template that maybe you have used in the past?

I have not sold to an end user before so any vital information would probably be good as well.

Thank you in advance peoples,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with good domaining to all of you!

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Well done. :)

I replied to Tom in this thread but I'll cut 'n' paste here.

You say the domain is "in demand", "profitable" and a "premium"; with potentially many buyers (or desirers).

KNOW YOUR BUYER; research the heck out of the potential buyer/s:
a, see what business their in, (some businesses are more profitable than others and you don't want to leave money on the table - [sell to cheaply]).
b, find out what domains they already own. This is important, as it will give you an idea, how internet-minded they are. Also, it will tell you if they have purchased other domains, and how much they paid for them, (you can then adjust your price because you know what they have paid for domains in the recent past).

Do the above to the other competing businesses as well to find out the above.

Find out also what similar domains in the same category/niche, have sold for in the past.

All these combined should help you to establish a $ figure that you could sell the domain for.

Remember, deals fall through because domainers get greedy.
Be realistic, and formulate a dollar value you'd be happy to part your domain for.

editjpg

Well done.
Thank you.
I replied to Tom in this thread but I'll cut 'n' paste here.
I thought about posting in that thread but didn't want to hijack it.

see what business their in, (some businesses are more profitable than others and you don't want to leave money on the table - [sell to cheaply]).
The business is profitable, their products sell in the low x,xxx
Demand is always there but supply can be a slight problem for them.

find out what domains they already own. This is important, as it will give you an idea, how internet-minded they are. Also, it will tell you if they have purchased other domains, and how much they paid for them, (you can then adjust your price because you know what they have paid for domains in the recent past).
They are internet minded and seemed to understand the importance of the domain, they own a website that is currently one of the leaders in the industry (ranking well) but I am not sure what else they may have purchased.

It seems to be an area of domains that has not been brought out so domain sale research is hard. Mid hundreds - very low thousands is what I am seeing but that's not end user and from a handful of domains that are only semi-relevant.

Can you give me any idea of a starting price for negotiating considering the factors I have stated? I would really appreciate it.

Cheers.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members