What's new

EMD's are hot

findtim

Top Contributor
this is not an article its just fact, one of my clients has a really good EMD ( and owns a few lesser types ) and we have seen a massive increase in sales, a massive increase into her high end product sales also a massive increase in conversion rates.

% , don't ask me as I don't have time.

all I see is more orders each day at higher prices.

what has REALLY surprised us is that freight doesn't seem to be a deal breaker, we have reasonable freight charges for inner Melbourne but people are willing to pay up to $24 for something that weighs 500gms , the charge is postcode based.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think the main benefit is higher CTR's in adwords, why would conversion rates increase due to a domain change?

If you don't have %'s, then I'd say you don't know because it is very easy to fall into the trap of looking at better sales and thinking a whole lot of stats are up, which is often not the case. It is probably being driven by one or two factors.

findtim

Top Contributor
It is probably being driven by one or two factors.

yes, the EMD is ranking very well without much seo and no adwords.

I think higher conversion rates are because of the perceived domain authority " PERCEIVED"

i'm not doing the seo thus I don't have the stats but I will contact them and get access

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Conversion rates for most eCommerce sites increase in November and December.

I agree but this website is not seasonal in November so it is an influence of rankings and emd I feel.

it will be seasonal in December so I will be watching that as well.

tim

James

Top Contributor
EMD are still good if you build a quality brand from the domain.

EMD is great for CPC and also for SEO benefit still.

That been said you can not have much luck in a competitive market if you have a basic EMD with low quality content, no pages and crappy SEO.

I know because I have been testing EMD's for something like 9 years.

EMD's are not what they used to be. Google definitely has devalued them in the algorithm. I personally prefer a well branded site than an EMD that stands for nothing.

However like James said a good EMD that actually has ecent branding is still an asset.

findtim

Top Contributor
I personally prefer a well branded site than an EMD that stands for nothing.
I agree
a good EMD that actually has decent branding is still an asset.

the 2 go together I think, branding is $$$, EMD is the memory factor imho

sold.com.au is a memory factor , branding is people finding it $$$$$

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads