What's new

EMD's and gTLD's Google puts more nails in

robert

Top Contributor
Maybe compared to 5 years ago when I wasn't around. Every industry market goes up and down. I'm only witnessing current positive events and I'm excited about the next few years.

chris

Top Contributor
Another point worth mentioning is that there's selling and then there's selling.

Some people will develop, some will sit on their portfolio and others will know how to sell. Discussions here have long been talking about results using the right landing page, with the right realistic price.

This a good discussion if it saves a few people from doing their dough. There's a lot of get rich quick stuff out there, so it's good to have some balance. In my opinion, for those that aren't scared of selling and are prepared to understand what makes a great domain name, there are plenty of opportunities.

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks guys for the feedback on those listings, if you don't mind i'd like to PM you for a screen shot as the difference in results is quite amazing and interesting, i have dev friends in melb sydney byron brissie and cairns , so we often ring each other to cross check result but i've not had MF on page 2 before !!!
that M........... dot florist , is an interesting one isn't it , it would make an interesting thread, she was a local competitor with a different domain that tried to trash us ( and the other 4 local florists ) with negative seo tactics and i don't give a hoot if she is someones sister, she did a bad thing and we reported her to google and they took her down, only good thing google has really ever done for us !
now she is a dot florist, and pretending to be in the melbourne cbd, which she isn't and google let her do it !!!
we only do white hat but in the end you can't really expect google to manage millions of sites.
tim

findtim

Top Contributor
even though the EMD Domain Name is 2nd (in terms of SEO placing) to a weaker domain name (a three-word .com.au) the EMD DOMAIN NAME WILL WIN a majority of the time

so true IMO, if you can get your EMD into top 4 its always going to be clicked IMO.
but also its got to be backed up by quality, which i think this looks very nice and inviting ( sales prove that )
and even chris cutts said this before he left, something like " if you have an EMD and its relevant with good content and logical links then you will not be affected by our changes" , ok that was pre-panda but it holds true today.

peter started this thread with a question " how will this affect the value of our domains " as the title had EMD's in it the thread has gone to " THE VALUE of an EMD "

now this thread as i mentioned before is now pointless, its trying to convert christians to muslims to buddists to atheist.
------------------------------
and andrew the answer to your question is , I do make a full time living off the domain name world as you know, with dev, i don't just build for others as MOSTTTTTT of my income comes from domains i own that i develop myself and earn income off, i earn virtually nothing from parking, directories is where i'm at.

which brings me to chris's note, "This a good discussion if it saves a few people from doing their dough" , newbies thinking this is a quick get rich thing, NO, its hard work, its networking, going to meetups, seminars, making phone calls, having a plan, etc.
very few people can buy a domain and flip it for a 1000% profit, very few people can take a drop domain for $100 and turn it into $12,000 + dollars through dev , most people can but a domain and sit and wait ! until the renewals KEEP coming in !!!

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members