What's new

Drops Today - July 2015

elbranch

Top Contributor
lollyshop com au is a nice name at the very least a stay at home person with storage space should be able to run it as a profitable business marketing to the multitude of Australian sugar addicts wasting their time on FB or wherever.

Pity we don't see what price it went for.

neddy

Top Contributor
lollyshop com au is a nice name at the very least a stay at home person with storage space should be able to run it as a profitable business marketing to the multitude of Australian sugar addicts wasting their time on FB or wherever.

Pity we don't see what price it went for.
Speaking as a domainer, I think that is one of the good features of Domain Shield - prices paid aren't made public.

elbranch

Top Contributor
Speaking as a domainer, I think that is one of the good features of Domain Shield - prices paid aren't made public.
Alternatively, I think it's disgraceful that the Government endorsed regulatory authority does not demand transparency from the entities it is dealing with to minimise the possibility of corrupt or untoward business practices taking place.

You would have to think Netfleet has some good reason to continue to display sale prices or else they too could make them private then we would have the situation where only Auda and the entities it has a private relationship with would know what is going on.

neddy

Top Contributor
Alternatively, I think it's disgraceful that the Government endorsed regulatory authority does not demand transparency from the entities it is dealing with to minimise the possibility of corrupt or untoward business practices taking place.

You would have to think Netfleet has some good reason to continue to display sale prices or else they too could make them private then we would have the situation where only Auda and the entities it has a private relationship with would know what is going on.
I think you have the wrong end of the stick here elbranch (with regards to auDA's oversight on the expired domain market and drop-catching). Unless there are a lot of complaints, they are never going to oversee (or comment on) how drop catchers choose to run their businesses.

Personally, I have always been a staunch advocate of transparency, and am on the record here many times for saying so. I wish all bids were displayed on all platforms (like Drop does). I go one step further and wish that there were buyer handles for each bidder.

When Netfleet changed their bidding platform, I criticized it. But it is what it is, and I've got used to it over time. Their sale prices disappear after an hour (unless the sale is $1000 plus).

Bidders on Domain Shield for a particular domain or domains can see if someone bids at a higher level - and thus generally know what they sold for. If there was any funny business going on, I would be the first one to shout from the rooftops.

So once again, as a domainer who occasionally resells domains, I don't have a problem that the wholesale price isn't disclosed for the public to see.

elbranch

Top Contributor
Bidders on Domain Shield for a particular domain or domains can see if someone bids at a higher level - and thus generally know what they sold for.
Thanks I wasn't aware of this in that case it is a shame nobody ever seems to report the sale price of a Domain Shield catch on here.

neddy

Top Contributor
Interesting to see that real-estate.net.au was purchased on the drops today for $1012 ++. (And not by REA Group).

REA are not backward in coming forward when it comes to trying to protect their nest.

The purchaser seems to be Perth based, and also holds property.co.uk (nice domain).

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Interesting to see that real-estate.net.au was purchased on the drops today for $1012 ++. (And not by REA Group).

REA are not backward in coming forward when it comes to trying to protect their nest.

The purchaser seems to be Perth based, and also holds property.co.uk (nice domain).
This one has been dropped (PD) and picked up several times over the past few months. Could almost guarantee this will be another PD soon enough.

And yes that's a terrific domain!

Last edited:

Tom

ausregistry com au WHOIS 2015-07-23 13-09-23.png

Didn't take them long.

findtim

Top Contributor
This one has been dropped (PD) and picked up several times over the past few months. Could almost guarantee this will be another PD soon enough.
can you expand on this? why would a hypen generic .net.au be PD'd so many times, doesn't make sense to me
especially now its owned by a property company.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member