What's new

Drop shopping

findtim

Top Contributor
Has anyone had any experience with drop shopping ecommerce, any particular WP plugins work well?

the plan at this stage is wp ecom as there aren't many products, and using eway as the payment gateway, small-ish products about as big as laptop bag.

any links to references would be great

thanks

tim

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Drop shipping works if you can get some sort of exclusivity. Otherwise its just waiting for competition to undercut you. Drop shipping in addition to your own range however is good to make your site a bit plumper.

No links to find drop shippers easily I'm afraid. Really got to do alot of ground work and calling up yourself to find dropshippers (or convince suppliers to dropship).

findtim

Top Contributor
any links to references would be great

sorry, what i meant was techiques of development not finding suppliers as we have that bit sorted.

exclusivity isn't going to happen but the client doesn't care about that as they have an established business model.

"plumper" yeh, thats the reasoning.

tim

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Not sure what you're looking for Tim.. what needs to be different in order to drop ship? Are you looking to automate some of the back office work?

One of the main obstacles is maintaining accurate stock levels or finding a supplier that can always deliver, but sounds like you have that covered.

Last edited:

johno69

Top Contributor
Wordpress has a plugin that can send an order to a specific supplier based on products purchased.

In my experience using a drop shipper, you need to be careful what extra little goodies they send with the order. Some have been known to throw in advertising material to get the customer to go direct.

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
Not sure what you're looking for Tim.. what needs to be different in order to drop ship? Are you looking to automate some of the back office work?

One of the main obstacles is maintaining accurate stock levels or finding a supplier that can always deliver, but sounds like you have that covered.

if i could take the client totally out of the system they would LOVE me, they have the networks to the customers and the contacts to wholesalers but really just want it all done without them, they want to promote the site "traditionally" but don't want the admin.

they have a pretty good domain name, nothign ground breaking but keyword rich.

you know its the question you want to ask but don't know the question !

So i just put it out there for someone to say " i found this article good" or " i use this ecom plugin because it has these feature" etc , i haven't done drop shiping before.... loads of ecom from a clients shop, i was maybe looking for that gem of knowledge that set me on a path i hadn't thought of yet.

tim

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads