What's new

Drop-Catching Quandary

Scott.L

Top Contributor
The TCP code requires carriage service providers to have a policy to assist customers experiencing financial hardship ... Why would this not apply? Netfleet is a carriage provider (registry) ? ?
Subsequently, why doesn't this TCP code apply to ISP's for domain renewal and hosting? If a domain licencee has multiple domains expiring or hosting and can't reasonably afford to retain it at the time of renewal, what financial provision is made to that customer under the TPC?

findtim

Top Contributor
ned i can't seem make a comment on your post? no fields at bottom?
----------------
drop catchers should protect themselves, nf and ds is a ok system for me, as david said the rules were probably writen prior to drops.
i can see how you fix one problem then create a new one.
my opinion is use nf's policy, winner gets a period of time to pay , if not it should go into "trust" and get handed to auda to make a decision, i can't see this happening daily so to put that in place would be a deteraint.
the usa system where it goes back into auction and the bids get put back in i like as well.
--------------------
i had a problem with a ecom florist and dodgy orders to "leave at front door", ( guessing cvv numbers ) i put in a script that before ordering told the visited their IP address and the problem went away totally.
tim

neddy

Top Contributor
ned i can't seem make a comment on your post? no fields at bottom?
Tim, I close comments on my articles after 30 days. Given I'm a blog rather than a forum, I wanted to try and keep things "fresh".
Don't know whether that's a good or bad thing yet!

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks, i didn't know that nor looked at the date.
perhaps a message at the bottom like many blogs that says " comments are now closed " ?
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member