What's new

dressupgamesforgirls.com.au

Shaun

Top Contributor
How much would you pay for a site whose almost entire existence depends on where Google ranks it?

If it was the exact match then a lot of money.

Are we forgetting that CookingGames.com sold as an undeveloped domain for $350,000USD?

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think it's 12% - From the analytics report -

Verweisende Websites 7.009.616,00 (79,61 %) (Referring sites?)
Suchmaschinen 1.063.045,00 (12,07 %) (Search engines?)
Direkte Zugriffe 731.989,00 (8,31 %) (Direct Traffic?)

Then further down CPC is said to account for 10% so I'd suggest less than 2% from organic.

This was for a 2 month period - can he really be generating 9,000,000 visits through a $10K ad spend?

snoopy

Top Contributor
If it was the exact match then a lot of money.

Right, but what about a site sitting on a domain that isn't worth much of itself but with revenue from development? I agree people will pay a lot for certain domains with a lot of potential.

Are we forgetting that CookingGames.com sold as an undeveloped domain for $350,000USD?

With that one it was sold on 8 years parking revenue.

http://directnavigation.com/2010/01/wtf-cookinggames-com-sells-for-350000/

But people will pay a lot for exact match games domains regardless of parking revenue, however the term needs to be very popular, it has to have potential to make a good ROI. If it is a few thousand searches a month that has very little value. Personally with dressupgamesforgirls.com.au I'm not entirely sure there would be an ROI even if it ranked high, who is ever going to pay much for it? An experienced game site operator wouldn't in my view, the term just isn't big enough in terms of clearly having the potential to make a profit.

Shaun

Top Contributor
Personally with dressupgamesforgirls.com.au I'm not entirely sure there would be an ROI even if it ranked high, who is ever going to pay much for it? An experienced game site operator wouldn't in my view, the term just isn't big enough in terms of clearly having the potential to make a profit.

AGREED!

Just so you are all aware one way a lot of these massive gaming sites get so much traffic is through traffic sharing and/or developing games which then get distributed to Webmasters, Within each game will be links to the developers site.

James

Top Contributor
Did you guys read the story about the buyer of cooking games? I too thought it was weird until i read their strategy.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member