What's new

"Dotcom" bust

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Not sure if this came up else where already:

Kim Dotcom actually owns kim.com

One nugget which hasn’t yet been noted: the German-born hacker does actually own the domain name kim.com.

According to Whois records, the snappy web address was acquired in 2007 from its previous owner, an American named James Kim. The latest records are in the name of Kim Vestor, one of the Megaupload creator’s three recorded names.

Born as Kim Schmitz, he legally changed his name to match his URL – or perhaps vice versa – sometime before 2010, when he was granted a Finnish passport in the name of Kim Dotcom.

http://blogs.ft.com/fttechhub/2012/01/kim-dotcom/#ixzz1kugU3dgJ

DomainNames

Top Contributor
he was living the dream for a while. Was very smart but should have hosted it all in a safer country untouchable to the USA.. his ony mistake it seems

payattention

Archived Member
You figure he probably envisioned such a scenario and might have an escape plan; speed boat, jet.. some James Bond type stuff.

neddy

Top Contributor
You figure he probably envisioned such a scenario and might have an escape plan; speed boat, jet.. some James Bond type stuff.

James Bond - payattentionahr ;)

I see he has to wear an electronic bracelet as part of his bail conditions.

The US Government will probably have a satellite hovering over his house watching every move.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
"Defence lawyers for Kim Dotcom say he does not pose a flight risk. One of their arguments, at 6"7" and weighing over 280 pounds how could Dotcom possibly flee undetected." NBC

LMAO.

Funniest shit I have heard this week.

neddy

Top Contributor

payattention

Archived Member
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10792862

Internet tycoon Kim Dotcom's cash, cars and property were seized using a court order which should never have been granted.

A judgment from Justice Judith Potter on Friday declared the restraining order "null and void" and having "no legal effect".

Not to condone what he is accused of but I'm always happy to see someone sticking it to the American government.

neddy

Top Contributor
I love it when the "little bloke" has a win - not that Dotcom is "little" in any manner, shape or form. :D

You'd think with all the money the US Government threw at this (via their friendly allies NZ), that their legal representatives and the coppers would get it right first time.

Can you imagine what would happen to someone who didn't have resources to employ a high powered legal team? They'd be languishing in the slammer - or already back in the USA.

soj

Founder
It's getting even better for Dotcom ...........

The criminal charges against Kim Dotcom in the United States may never get to trial, the judge overseeing the case has told the FBI.

United States district court judge Liam O'Grady said he didn't know if "we are ever going to have a trial in this matter" after being told Dotcom's file-sharing company had never been formally served with criminal papers by the US.

The comment has been seized on by Dotcom's lawyers, who say it could lead to the extradition case in New Zealand being tossed out.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10800409

helloworld

Top Contributor
Kim Dotcom is my hero. Anyone says a bad thing about him is getting nuked.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member