What's new

DotBuyer.com - New Domain Marketplace

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I'm very excited to announce our new aftermarket - DotBuyer.com.

• Free buyer accounts.
  • No fees to list domains for sale.
  • Very low sales commission of 5%.
  • Security Scanned (PCI Compliant).
  • 3rd Party Privacy Verification with very strong policies.
  • More search engine statistics and metrics than any other marketplace.

One of the advantages of DotBuyer is that it's a closed marketplace. Seller accounts are by application only. We did this to preserve the integrity of the marketplace. We don't want tyre kickers and low-ball bids - its a serious, retail market for motivated sellers.

DNT members can apply for seller accounts. When you sign up, just mention DNT and your ID - so we can verify you are, who you say you are :).

You'll notice a big emphasis on high quality, affordable .au domains across multiple niche markets. Many names have never been listed for sale before, so feel free to jump right in and sign up here.

If you have any questions or kind comments :) feel free to post in this thread or send me a PM.

-- Press Release --

New Domain Name Marketplace Opens Up Opportunities For Internet Business

Melbourne, Australia (PRWEB) November 27, 2012

Kikabink International Pty Ltd (Kikabink) has launched DotBuyer, a marketplace for businesses to buy and sell Internet domain names and websites.

DotBuyer features a large inventory of domain names and websites for sale across popular niche markets. It also enables businesses to view comprehensive search engine metrics and pricing on more than 154,000 historical domain name sales.

"Domain names and websites are assets - just like real estate." said DotBuyer co-founder Simon Johnson, "so it's about time that businesses had the tools to buy, value and sell this virtual real estate."

"DotBuyer has many domains in multiple vertical markets, from trades and place names to premium generic keywords that describe entire industries. There is something for everyone - from small businesses, to advertising agencies, right up to multinational corporations searching for their next big brand. This is the place to start your domain name search." said Johnson.

"Until now, it's been hard for businesses to find a good domain name. Many people incorrectly assume that all the good domain names are already taken and they settle for something less. In fact, domain names can be bought and sold, just like property." said Johnson.

DotBuyer also helps to educate businesses by providing price guidance. "We have levelled the playing field by enabling businesses to find out what domain names have previously sold for. This helps to educate buyers so they don't pay too much for a domain name. The historical sales figures are powered by Domain Sales App - one of the largest databases of historical domain and website sales, dating back more than 10 years with more than 154,000 domain name sales.

Businesses or individuals looking to buy a domain name, can get instant access to many of the powerful features of DotBuyer by signing up for a free account.

About Dotbuyer

Dotbuyer is a trusted marketplace for domain names and websites - helping businesses find, evaluate and buy domain names quickly and easily. It's free to sign up and there are no fees for buyers.

About Kikabink International Pty Ltd

Based in Melbourne, Australia, Kikabink International Pty Ltd is a privately held company that provides products and services in the fields of competitive intelligence and domain name monetization. The company also invests in, develops and manages domain names and websites in a range of markets. Kikabink is best known for Domainer Income, a domain name investment platform and Domain Sales, a free iPhone application.

so yours are 5% commission and Netfleets is 8% to sell the name afger the sale is agreed and closed? Might be worth looking at what you have in a few weeks once few dntrade.com.au members' reported bugs are ironed out. ... Maybe Netfleet will match or better your 5% commission.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I was going to sign up but you lost me at step 2 Send a scanned, high resolution color copy of the following documents..... Really???

Yes, we require proof of identity. This helps to reduce fraud and ensures we have a very high standard of both users and domains. If you used services such as escrow, you would have to do the same thing.

We want to know who we are dealing with (so should all buyers and sellers), so if you want to be anonymous then you'll have to go elsewhere.

once few dntrade.com.au members' reported bugs are ironed out. ...

There have been no bugs reported to us.

Unfortunately, there is no evidence that the site is PCI-Compliant

That's not true. We have independent security scanning for PCI. See the TrustGuard icons at the top of each page. Acheeva, to our knowledge we are the first and only marketplace who has gone through this (or similar) 3rd party process.

Guys - I'm happy to come on here and answer questions, let's just make sure they are both accurate and constructive. :cool:

johno69

Top Contributor
Yes I understand what caused it. I just didn't realise this part was intentional...

acheeva

Top Contributor
CPI Compliant

That's not true. We have independent security scanning for PCI. See the TrustGuard icons at the top of each page. Acheeva, to our knowledge we are the first and only marketplace who has gone through this (or similar) 3rd party process.

My apologies; I wrongly assumed this was SSL

Will revisit

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
am i the only one who can't join this site ?

been trying for a number of days but the confirmation email does not arrive

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
am i the only one who can't join this site ? been trying for a number of days but the confirmation email does not arrive

We haven't had any issues to date. I can see the confirmation email going out of our server. Will call you to discuss.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Pretty sure I've signed up twice but no confirmation email to continue to next steps? I'll send something to support tomorrow

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Pretty sure I've signed up twice but no confirmation email to continue to next steps? I'll send something to support tomorrow

Zhen - we will call you and follow up. FYI: If you ever have issues, the fastest way to get in touch is via support.

Simon

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Thanks for the call yesterday. Seems like google apps/gmail pushed your email to spam folder. I'd look into that in case others use gmail apps.

Can't wait to.list.some domains

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Thanks for the call yesterday. Seems like google apps/gmail pushed your email to spam folder. I'd look into that in case others use gmail apps. Can't wait to.list.some domains

Thanks zhenjie. Very strange - will look into why Gmail is doing that.

snoopy

Top Contributor
so yours are 5% commission and Netfleets is 8% to sell the name afger the sale is agreed and closed? Might be worth looking at what you have in a few weeks once few dntrade.com.au members' reported bugs are ironed out. ... Maybe Netfleet will match or better your 5% commission.

Why would Netfleet match it? Competing on commission is only going to happen if there is sales to be gained by doing so.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Spacey,

We have implemented your suggestion in our "Advanced Search".

Now you can:

1. Select different TLD's
  2. Exclude hyphens
  3. Exclude numbers
  4. Exclude IDNs

Any other things you'd like to see, just let me know!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo