What's new

Domains4Good - redirect unused domains for charity

Chumby

Top Contributor
Yea Chris,

I like this concept.

When the fires were in Dunalley in Tasmania in Jan this year...I redirected the domain dunalley.com.au to the red-cross appeal (think it still goes there). Will eventually do something for the town with it.

Nice feeling though (in a very small way) that can help a bad situation...

Cheers,
Chumby

Nice work Chumby, it is always good to put back

I noticed the variety children's charity lost the .com.au of their domain today, very disappointing to see that it was snapped up, hopefully it finds its way back to the charity.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Wow Chumby, my bet is that made a difference when they really needed it.

Congrats, great work.

Sent from my HTC One X using DNTrade mobile app

findtim

Top Contributor
I think using chumbys case of "Dunalley" then that is VERY valid, but a normal domain redirection would only create a high bounce rate..... trying to say this nicely !

but a great idea.

my daughter goes to a local choir and unfortunately last year the venue burnt down, so we got a lot of local press and placed a "donate " link in the header of the website which proved very successful as we lost mountains of sheet music !!!

not only that but we had sheet music donations which was great.

so my point is VALID/ FOCUSED redirection is a great thing I feel, but dubbodentist redirecting to Dunally is potentially worthless IMO.

but a great idea

tim

petermeadit

Top Contributor

so my point is VALID/ FOCUSED redirection is a great thing I feel, but dubbodentist redirecting to Dunally is potentially worthless IMO.

Hay Tim, you could redirect dubbodenist to the local Dubbo Oral Health Foundation, or other health related charity :)

findtim

Top Contributor
just a thought, give the recent thread on canary.com and non use, I wonder if he had redirected it to a bird sanctuary that would have meant valid use of the name?

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members