What's new

DomainNameLogic.com

findtim

Top Contributor
It seems a few people received an email from the owner of that website.

I did today at 11.20am
HTML:
Hi Guys,
Just thought I’d tell you about DomainNameLogic.com, a little pet project I’ve been working on this week.
Don’t know about you, but I’ve been seeing generic domain names everywhere I go these days, so I thought it’d be fun to capture these and share them with you. My hope is that this site will be a valuable resource for newcomers to the industry and end-users alike. There is much confusion out there surrounding generic domain names and the future of the internet. This site is information-rich and helps explain why generic domain names, and ".com.au" domain names in particular, are such a worthwhile investment development-wise.
Please forward to friends and colleagues, and feel free to refer clients and customers to this site. It should be quite an education for many.
Kind regards,
DomainNameLogic.com

------------
I understand the concept but the first 2 examples threw me
http://screencast.com/t/t6IB83yXZ

tile: but not tiles
corporatecoffee: but not coffee machines

I can't see how that's an emd or a generic domain and there are a bunch of others on the list
continue down the list eml dca , I don't think 3 letter domains like that can be classed as emd ?

I think they fit into "brandable"

down the page you end up with ovencleaning , now THATS an emd and a generic and the van is VERY well done I think, although I would have put the domain where the "domestic........." slogan is and the slogan at the top of the van.

good idea, maybe just missed the mark for me, hopefully they are reading this and i'm always happy for someone to debate my points

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Reminds me a bit of people who go new tld spotting, where they try to find as many sites as possible using .biz, .tv etc. Who really cares other than people investing in that extension? If the extension is strong why bother?

zhenjie

Top Contributor
So who runs this? I got the email but it didn't even signoff with a personal lame (a bit unprofessional there).

Shane

Top Contributor
I like the concept of highlighting 'real world' use of generics. I agree with Tim though that some of the so-called EMDs are a little dubious.

The anonymity is a little strange though...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member