What's new

Domain Suggestion Tool ?

johno69

Top Contributor
Does anyone use or can suggest a domain suggestion tool ?

I am always coming up with idea's galore but can never find a domain that I think would suit.

johno69

Top Contributor
Thanks David, good stuff.

I like the availablity checker in the members area. Will be using a lot I can see.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
This is a question I get a lot from both mentoring students and people who read my blog. As such, I thought I'd take the time to answer it.

I'd strongly avoid software products that you install on your computer. The data is often "mined" and / or sent to 3rd parties. In terms of availability, go to the source and use a registry (or a registrar you trust) to do the lookups.

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
I think he's talking about domainsamurai although the same thing can be done by a registrar. I've heard quite a bit about companies that have crazy, cheap etc in their title doing so

payattention

Archived Member
This is a question I get a lot from both mentoring students and people who read my blog. As such, I thought I'd take the time to answer it.

I'd strongly avoid software products that you install on your computer. The data is often "mined" and / or sent to 3rd parties. In terms of availability, go to the source and use a registry (or a registrar you trust) to do the lookups.

I'd love to hear some specifics Simon because AFAIK, the Noble Samurai team are all around good guys with solid products. I'm sure there are some dodgy operators out there but I'd be surprised to find NS amongst them. Sorry but I can't help but feel that perhaps you're a little biased given you promote a similar web based platform. The data I input on your website can be just as easily "mined and / or sent to 3rd parties." It'd be wrong to suggest that only software installed on a PC is capable of falling victim to this.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
It'd be wrong to suggest that only software installed on a PC is capable of falling victim to this.

There is a lot of domain software out there (more than you might think). We have tested a lot of 3rd party programs in controlled (sandboxed) environments and were very suprised to see what these apps really did.

Don't believe me? That's fine - test them and see for yourself! :)

payattention

Archived Member
I never said I don't believe you, I said that any application whether it be web based or run locally has the potential to log keywords and/or other data. Your post gives the impression that this can only happen when software is installed on a computer which is simply not true. In fact, one could argue (I would) that if the aim is to mine data, a web based platform would be far better suited to this! Just to be clear, I'm not in any way suggesting you engage in such activity or are motivated to do so. I would feel quite comfortable using the Domainer Income platform.

Last edited:

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Your post gives the impression that this can only happen when software is installed on a computer which is simply not true. In fact, one could argue (I would) that if the aim is to mine data, a web based platform would be far better suited to this!

You are absolutely 100% correct. In fact the Network Solutions front-running issue (a few years ago) is a great example of this.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member