What's new

Domain sniping software?

hunz

Can anyone recommend any domain sniping software to bid for you in the last minutes/seconds of a dropped domain auction so you don't have to stay up just to place a bid on US timescales — on sites like Snapnames, Pool and Namejet for example.

Brief research suggests that Protrada might offer this, has anyone had experience using this and whether it works and worth the cost..

Any advice, info, tips appreciated. TIA

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I'd recommend against using such software. You'll have to hand over your User ID's and Passwords at the very least. If the service goes wrong, you may get stuck with the bill.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
I'd recommend against using such software. You'll have to hand over your User ID's and Passwords at the very least. If the service goes wrong, you may get stuck with the bill.

Agree with Simon. Please don't engage on sniping on auctions, for many reasons.

hunz

It seems Protrada have a sniping feature. Has anybody used them? They seem kosher?

I don't want to have to wait till early hours to bid on a name that's being auctioned in US timezones. Or I might be travelling and don't want to miss it

Could you clarify what you mean by If the service goes wrong, you may get stuck with the bill.. thanks

James

Top Contributor
I remember Morgan (a member here) had some issues with some software he was using to bid on a domain and it ended up costing him a fair bit haha...

hunz

I remember Morgan (a member here) had some issues with some software he was using to bid on a domain and it ended up costing him a fair bit haha...

So the software had a glitch or stuffed up -- and he ended up paying more from someone else that got the domain?

What does everyone do then to bid on auctions, -- bid manually?

hunz

If you are a bidder, are you be happy about a sniper bid seconds before the end of the auction?

What's new? Ebay allow sniping software. -- so people have to use it to level the playing field.

Protrada offers this. Have you or anyone else used it?

nt81

Top Contributor
Don't be a douchebag.

Bid like everybody else.

Ebay sniping software was very 2004. Time to move on.

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi hunz - just a suggestion, but you might like to introduce yourself to the community (as in intro post). ;)

Where are you based?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members