What's new

Domain Sales List 2013

James

Top Contributor
Isnt this also a website purchase as it seems Cruises.com.au is an established affiliate site with 700~ indexed pages for a few years?

Or did they just buy the domain and no database ect

findtim

Top Contributor
Isnt this also a website purchase as it seems Cruises.com.au is an established affiliate site with 700~ indexed pages for a few years?

are you asking did they sell a domain OR an online business ?

tim

Shane

Top Contributor

dtrade has brokered the largest reported .com.au domain name sale for this year, with $110,000 AUD for cruises.com.au. The total sale price was $165,000 which included the current website and facebook page.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
:) Well done dtrade, it is fantastic to see big sales being reported.

Good work on separating the domain price from the total sale price too.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Actually, it doesn't seem to have impacted on the number of enquiries. There's still a contact form, there's just no 'for sale sign' hanging on the door.

Domainers, sale sites and parking co's have looked at this time and again. The more obvious it is that something is for sale the more sales you will get. Less disputes comes at a price.

Ashman

Top Contributor
In that case I don't see how this could be described as a domain sale. Splitting it up sounds like a marketing excercise.

Given the total price was $165K I think $110K for the domain is not an unreasonable valuation. A domain was sold, so it must be considered a domain sale since they separated the parts. Plus it was good marketing with the launch of their new website aswell. All in all a good result for the industry.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Given the total price was $165K I think $110K for the domain is not an unreasonable valuation. A domain was sold, so it must be considered a domain sale since they separated the parts. Plus it was good marketing with the launch of their new website aswell. All in all a good result for the industry.

The sale is going to have very low credibility in my view, it sounds like a number generated to get into charts, why else would anyone publish two numbers for what is one sale? As you say, it is "good marketing", but that is not the same thing as "reliable data".

When a website is sold it is not a domain sale.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Domainers, sale sites and parking co's have looked at this time and again. The more obvious it is that something is for sale the more sales you will get. Less disputes comes at a price.

Agreed.

I don't have many .com.au domains and those that I do have are mainly for brand protection or development. I'm not spruiking them for sale, because that wasn't my intention when buying them originally.

This approach for my .com.au domains is what I'm comfortable with. The policies in this extension seem less tolerant than .com, personally I think the risk is higher and that's steered me towards modifying my approach.

The majority of my domains are .com and my approach is completely different on those.

Cal

Top Contributor
Updated list with another couple of four figures sales.

On the drops today - BathroomRenovationsPerth.com.au caught at Netfleet for $1,211.

Also, a Netfleet domain catalogue sale this week - Feathers.com.au sold for $1,490.

Cal

Top Contributor
Another four figure .au domain sale added to the list - Grindelwald.com.au sold for $2,100 via Netfleet catalogue.

Cal

Top Contributor
Updated the list with domain catalogue sale at Netfleet:

CheapSEO.com.au - $2,635

chris

Top Contributor
Another four figure domain sale at Netfleet has been added to the list:

Invaluable.com.au - $2,500

DomainNames

Top Contributor

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager