Top Contributor
More to report..

Golfshop.com.au scored a hole-in-one with $2,000
Biking.com.au rode up $600 and
Parks.com.au found a free space with $700

:)

DavidL

Top Contributor
Sorry spacey - imagination has been exhausted!

Some more

ny.com.au $1,100
hsmc.com.au $250
geraldton.com.au $4,000
snowgear.com.au $550

DavidL

Top Contributor
balancetransfercards.com.au $550
babe.com.au $1,500
copywriting.com.au $1,500
sexshop.com.au $4,000
bracelet.com.au $1,500
homeflooring.com.au $660
australianflooring.com.au $660
deck.com.au $1,000
diystore.com.au $300
stockmarket.net.au $120
xp.com.au $900

Looks like this month will be a record for volume on Netfleet .... possibly for total value too.

DavidL

Top Contributor
celebrities.net.au $90
dogbed.com.au $350
pizzamenus.com.au $100
northlakesrealestate.co... $540
vacation.net.au $275
coins.net.au $165
netfax.com.au $2,000

still plenty coming through. Noticed plenty of end-users buying too which is a good thing (rather than domains just going from domainer to domainer)

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
freepsychicreading.com.au - $1,100
birthchart.com.au - $2,200
budgetairfares.com.au - $4,400
biorhythms.com.au - $2,200

There are a few more pending transfer..

DavidL

Top Contributor
freepsychicreading.com.au - $1,100
birthchart.com.au - $2,200
budgetairfares.com.au - $4,400
biorhythms.com.au - $2,200

There are a few more pending transfer..

Nice work - make sure you report them to DNJournal this time. As we all know it gets massive exposure amongst domainers which is great for the industry - not to mention DMP

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
kingsford.com.au $5500.00
freepsychic.com.au $1100.00
horoscopesigns.com.au $1100.00

Also, there was selby.com.au ($7,000) which was initiated on Netfleet and then processed by DMP. So well done to Netfleet on that one, looks to have been a big month for you guys sales volume wise!

Last edited:

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
Thanks Neddy.

There is plenty of interest from prospective buyers wanting to acquire names but actually getting them to sign the transfer paperwork and handover the money is a completely different ball game.

In my experience I'd say roughly 60% of the time the "buyer" disappears after a price has been negotiated and the sale falls through. Is this common for the rest of you?

Sad but true. I now have a list of time wasters and wannabes...

neddy

Top Contributor
There is plenty of interest from prospective buyers wanting to acquire names but actually getting them to sign the transfer paperwork and handover the money is a completely different ball game.

Sorry to hear that DMP. Happens squillions of times a day on eBay for general stuff, so I guess we've got to expect a bit of that too. Hopefully not too much though!

As a matter of interest, what do you believe is a reasonable timeframe to agree to purchase, pay and then do transfer paperwork on an average domain name (not necessarily high end)?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Thanks Neddy.

In my experience I'd say roughly 60% of the time the "buyer" disappears after a price has been negotiated and the sale falls through. Is this common for the rest of you?

Sad but true. I now have a list of time wasters and wannabes...

Yeah we get that a fair bit - nothing like 60% thankfully but it does happen. When we did those auctions a while ago 6 of the eleven bidders shot through :(

The other thing is I think buyers don't realise there is a transfer fee (or underestimate it) so when they've bought their domain for $200 then they see the transfer fee at $180, they reneg on the deal.

DMP - make sure you report those sales to DNJournal this time! I know I keep harping on about it but I really think it's important for the whole industry to see these .au sales come through.

As for Netfleet sales - here they are to round off the month of Aug:

cologne.net.au $200
aussietours.com.au $300
overseasholidays.com.au $320
cover.net.au $100
racerparts.com.au $422
selby.com.au $7,000
brothels.com.au $6,520
nationalrentals.com.au $750
chairs.net.au $220
winchelsea.com.au $30
mortlake.com.au $30
forrestbeach.com.au $30

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
Sorry to hear that DMP. Happens squillions of times a day on eBay for general stuff, so I guess we've got to expect a bit of that too. Hopefully not too much though!

As a matter of interest, what do you believe is a reasonable timeframe to agree to purchase, pay and then do transfer paperwork on an average domain name (not necessarily high end)?

We'll the transfer (including domain management transfer - if required, transfer of ownership paperwork, funds and the actual domain transfer) usually takes a week. Things can hold that process up a bit.. like payment method, the need for legal paperwork which is rare and the general interest by both parties.

When it comes to negotiating a sale that I cannot answer. Again it comes down the the willingness of both parties.

Many of the sellers have thousands of domains and after dealing with them a few times you get a feel for their expectations.. which helps a lot.

I let the prospective buyer know the expectations and then see what there response is before continuing.

To be honest I find the sellers who aren't greedy do the most business. Most of the domains I have sold are from the same 4 owners.

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
DMP - make sure you report those sales to DNJournal this time!

Yeah i know :) I have touched base with Ron and I will be sending him the details later in the week. So pressed for time at the moment and i need to scan some documents to be able to verify.

When we did those auctions a while ago 6 of the eleven bidders shot through

Yep LOL. Just ask Don!

The other thing is I think buyers don't realise there is a transfer fee (or underestimate it)

This is very important. Probably the first thing I do is point out the actual price (offer + GST + transfer fee).

neddy

Top Contributor
To be honest I find the sellers who aren't greedy do the most business. Most of the domains I have sold are from the same 4 owners.

Couldn't agree more. There seems to be lots of sellers out there who just have "gold dust" in their eyes and will never come close to doing a deal. Then there are those sellers that are prepared to "leave something in it for the next person" - and they do deals and still make a fabulous ROI.

neddy

Top Contributor
As for Netfleet sales - here they are to round off the month of Aug:

Hi David & Mark,

It would be great to know what your final stats for August were? Number of sales and value? It's certainly seems to be getting healthier!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member