What's new

Domain Sales List 2009

soj

Founder
Congratulations on the huge sale David, if only there were a commission in it for you :p

Good to see the boundaries being pushed for better prices, especially for a .net.au

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
That's a great result! Hopefully sales like these will help raise the profile of the underrated.net.au's of which there are plenty of generics remaining..

DavidL

Top Contributor
two more today...

LL.com.au - $4,000
AWX.com.au - $1,200

Seems a bit quiet on this forum now.... anyone out there?!

DavidL

Top Contributor
2 more today

ecompanies.com.au - $500
boy.net.au - $100

And stay tuned for a big one to report shortly....

DavidL

Top Contributor
aau.com.au sold for $200 today

I think all LLL.com.au's either starting or ending with a are gone. It's a great letter for acronyms - perfect for Australia(n), Association etc

DavidL

Top Contributor
two more to report - including a very strong result

eworkout.com.au - $500
everydrop.com.au - $7,000

neddy

Top Contributor
everydrop.com.au - $7,000

Wow! Great result, but having looked at the history, I'm now confused as to strategy David. You suggest on Netfleet that domains that are listed at a low starting price generally get better results i.e. more offers leading to higher bids etc.

This domain was listed in late April with a starting price of $7000, and then sold this week with just one bid. It's not as if it's a popular generic name, so there has got to be more to it surely?

Please ease my confusion!

Cheers, Ned

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Ned

It was an end user buyer, who had approached the domain owner prior to listing on Netfleet, and agreed the price before hand. The owner wanted to put it on Netfleet so there was a degree of traceability. No arguments from us!

Cheers
Mark

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
Wow! Great result, but having looked at the history, I'm now confused as to strategy David. You suggest on Netfleet that domains that are listed at a low starting price generally get better results i.e. more offers leading to higher bids etc.

This domain was listed in late April with a starting price of $7000, and then sold this week with just one bid. It's not as if it's a popular generic name, so there has got to be more to it surely?

Please ease my confusion!

Cheers, Ned

Its a good domain for any water authority, state government, water tank producer etc especially given the current climate. The registry hasnt been updated so we can't see who purchased it!

I'm guessing the sale is the result of contacting potential end users..

Edit-- just saw Mark's post

neddy

Top Contributor
Thanks for info Mark. It is a great result. I am selling my domains too cheaply!

Cheers, Ned

DavidL

Top Contributor
Record Sale - sextoys.com.au - $25,500

Great result for a great name.

This beats the previous biggest sale since deregulation of freestuff.com.au for $18,700..

Brings the total sales on Netfleet this month (we are only half way through) to $82,789.

I think things are starting to kick up a gear or two...

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
Great result for a great name.

This beats the previous biggest sale since deregulation of freestuff.com.au for $18,700..

Brings the total sales on Netfleet this month (we are only half way through) to $82,789.

I think things are starting to kick up a gear or two...

Congrats, big sale. Pretty sure I spoke your buyer (and seller) about that name as well over that last month or so.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Thanks DMP - let's hope it spurs on a bit more activity for .au.

Now I should correct as well - total sales valueon Netfleet this month is about $58K not over $80K, sorry.

neddy

Top Contributor
Fantastic news for our local industry. Well done to everyone concerned! And particularly well done to Mark and David at Netfleet because your site is really looking good these days. Very professional all round.

Cheers, Ned

Ross

Top Contributor
Wow... well done go Netfleet

This is great... we're finally seeing those large 5 figure sales. Fantastic news not only for the seller but also for the whole .com.au industry.

This sale will probably raise the price of all .com.au domains by about 20% because now we have real data that the domains are worth serious cash.

Maybe it's a good time for netfleet to hit the mainstream and do some PR regarding Netfleet site... as it looks awesome.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
sextoys was a category killer ...... you cant get better !

This will no doubt get a roi overtime and be a market leader in the adult industry

I doubt you will ever see that name up for sale again

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members