What's new

Domain Related Tax Write Offs

Chris.C

Top Contributor
So the EOFY has just come around and following on from the previous thread I started, I was just wondering what sort of domain related personal expenses people claim on their tax returns?

:D

Shane

Top Contributor
So the EOFY has just come around and following on from the previous thread I started, I was just wondering what sort of domain related personal expenses people claim on their tax returns?

:D

Well if they're personal expenses you shouldn't be claiming them at all! :)

I do everything by the book, because it's not worth losing my financial planning authority over a little tax fraud conviction.

Sure you could register europeanholidays.com.au then claim a tax deduction on your month long holiday to Europe just because you wrote a few blog posts about it, but there's no way it would stand up in the event of an audit!

Just think about the things that crossover between business and personal use. Do you use your computer and internet connection to make money via domaining? Yep. Do you use your mobile phone to arrange sales or chase up advertisers? Yep. Did you incur travel expenses when attending the recent Brisbane meet-up? For all of these things you can claim a deduction for the business use percentage.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo