What's new

Domain Registrar with MFA for clients domains. 20+ Domains, AU's and .com's.

vr101

Hi Guys,

A client is looking for a good value domain registrar for AUs and coms. 20+ domains.
The client wants MFA like google authenticator to really protect the domains from hijack.
Any recommendations that can fulfil these requirements?

Thanks .. speak soon

findtim

Top Contributor
contact anthony at domain shield, if he doesn't know i suspect nobody does
your .com.au's are pretty safe, its the .com that can be the target in my experience.
tim

Hi Guys,

A client is looking for a good value domain registrar for AUs and coms. 20+ domains.
The client wants MFA like google authenticator to really protect the domains from hijack.
Any recommendations that can fulfil these requirements?

Thanks .. speak soon
I suspect that SynergyWholesale have two factor authentication as an option, I would try them. The other is Uniregistry.com but they don't yet support .au, but they will have it soon (they also use Google Authenticator). The other option is that you use auLockdown to protect .au domains with a registrar that supports it like TPP/Synergy/Melb IT etc

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
I suspect that SynergyWholesale have two factor authentication as an option, I would try them.
They do indeed have two factor authentication, and I can highly recommend them. Just yesterday I finally finished moving all of my .au domains from GoDaddy and elsewhere to my Synergy Wholesale account. Total PITA, but I'm relieved to have them all in one place and I'll save quite a bit on reg fees.
Godaddy does .com and .com.au they in the process of implementing a 2step verification
They've implemented it - I'm already using it for my GoDaddy account (it's SMS-based 2FA).

findtim

Top Contributor
hopefully i am not off thread but it bought up some things everyone should think about.
but I'm relieved to have them all in one place
this i feel is VITAL, no matter where you are, keep it all in one place.

send the log in details to a good friend/father/brother in case you die, SERIOUS, you may die tomorrow and its your responsibility to protect you clients interests, i've had to save domains for new clients because of this.
have a specific email address for your renewal notices from a domain you OWN, not a gmail etc
have that email address download to 2 different devices in case 1 stops working.
record everything ! backup, send it off site
make sure you give you clients all the details, logins, access links, passwords and then GET them to print them and file them, then get them to send your email off site.

paranoid? no, protective......... yes

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
this from another post i wrote but relevant.
check the actual business number that owns the domain, domain registered yearsssssssssssss ago have old BN numbers so you have to do a COR to update it, the reason i am saying this is you want all your information LINED UP and ready to go.

as they say " the things you don't know........ you don't know "
so just check that out as well as synergy etcccccccccc won't let you do a COR on and old " VIC BN1234567 (VIC) " registered domain.
also i have had some HELL where the company just let the old BN slip and started again with the new ABN numbers and nobody wants to deal with you !!!! , you got to write/fax letters, its a REAL pain
tim

Mick

Top Contributor
so just check that out as well as synergy etcccccccccc won't let you do a COR on and old " VIC BN1234567 (VIC) " registered domain.
In the case of registered business numbers (BN) they usually have a persons name as the registrant or a company, which means even if the BN is no longer active the person/company as the registrant is still able to perform the COR.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member