What's new

Domain Prospects Function

DavidL

Top Contributor
I just found out today that, when you put a domain on the AMA, if you wait a while, then login to the members area, then click on the 'Aftermarket Auctions' tab, next to the live auction lots is a tiny green symbol.

If you click on this symbol it automatically create a bunch of potential sales leads!

Great idea but I really don't know why this is so tucked away and hasn't been mentioned before?? Would also like to know where these prospects come from.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
I just found out today that, when you put a domain on the AMA, if you wait a while, then login to the members area, then click on the 'Aftermarket Auctions' tab, next to the live auction lots is a tiny green symbol.

If you click on this symbol it automatically create a bunch of potential sales leads!

Great idea but I really don't know why this is so tucked away and hasn't been mentioned before?? Would also like to know where these prospects come from.
I'll try to untuck it, I think I mentioned it when I announced the removal of the 4% fee for setting reserve prices in the AMA but it got ignored in the excitement of the AMA discussions.

I have updated the prospects page (inside the Aftermarket Auctions) to include information about the type of prospect. I have also included some phone numbers.

From experience I'd say the hottest leads are the COM for NET prospects, this is where you are selling an exact match com.au domain name and the .net.au is ACTIVE and has an operational website. Generally you get one of them on the line and they are super excited at an opportunity to "upgrade" their domain name.

The nohyphens prospects where the canonical portion of your domain name (ie the part before the .com.au and .net.au) is an exact match for their name except without hyphens. When you are pitching a nohyphen .com.au they are generally very excited, they are less excited if you pitch a nohyphen .net.au when they have a hyphenated .com.au but it is still sell able.

Adwords prospects are great on the phone as they are well aware of the CPC (as they are already paying this) and they love the idea of being able to improve their CTR which an exact match domain name is perfect for.

Generic prospects generally require more time to educate them on the value of the domain you are pitching to them, but stick with it as once they are sold on the idea they will bid high in the auctions. When talking to a generic prospect they are not generally aware of terms like CostPerClick so talk in their terms about the value of a lead to them. They are in the business of making real money off a lead so a CPC of $5 might equate to a $50 - $500 value to them.

Generally these leads work really well on the telephone, so start with a call and then follow up with an email to them. Do not just email someone as you will just get ignored as "yet another SEO" style email (which they get 5 -10 of per day)

Keep track of your success and failures, even if a prospect fails to buy a domain on that day they generally call back a day later and ask you to help them source a similar domain.

If you are left no option but to leave a message try to impress upon the person taking the message that it is a live auction and once it ends the person will be disappointed the company did not have an opportunity to participate.

sydneyduo

Thanks Anthony and David,

Just listed a domain on AMA, and great to see some prospects being suggested!

Definitely a good head start especially for those who want to be more proactive in finding potential buyers :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo