What's new

Domain Name Business

findtim

Top Contributor
goes to show once again that one mans rubbish.........

had to laugh that "bestammo" went for just $200 and "flowerstand" for 7.5K !

i'd have thought in the usa bestammo would be a million dollar domain ? i mean "kids today have disposable income.... "

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
This is a long article, but it's one I remember reading some time ago.

In summary, Eric Borgos bought a bricks and mortar florist shop so he could get an FTD and Teleflora account. Then he used that for his online businesses.

Smart!

Anyhow, to do all of this, I needed membership into the FTD and Teleflora networks, and the only way I could do that was to own an actual flower store that was already a member. At the time, FTD and Teleflora did not like websites that just took orders but were not real florists, so to start my GetFlowers.com website I needed to buy a florist. I knew nothing about flowers or running a store, but my hope was maybe I could use my extensive business and computer knowledge to make a struggling flower store more profitable. If that worked, I could then buy more florists and make it into a big business. If eventually I had 20 flower shops each making $5000/month profit, that would be way more money than I was making from all my websites.

Have a read - imho it is a great article, and it shows true entreprenurial skill.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo