What's new

Domain Invoice Trick

James

Top Contributor
The price is the main thing which should fool people, but heaps of this junk comes to people every day.

atom

Administrator
I know someone that was caught out by one of these. It's very difficult for someone with no knowledge of the industry but has a site to know it's all wrong. Some aren't even aware of the difference between hosting fees and domain rego fees...

findtim

Top Contributor
I know someone that was caught out by one of these. It's very difficult for someone with no knowledge of the industry but has a site to know it's all wrong. Some aren't even aware of the difference between hosting fees and domain rego fees...

true, thats the first conversation i have with clients, "this fee is hosting...it is annually, this fee is domain rego.... it comes bi-annually "

the next sentence is " you pay NOBODY but me " , but even then i put all the contact addresses as mine, BUT others still get through as they actually look up the addresses and snail-mail it.

theres already a few threads on this, i just wanted to post the example of thier current email as i find it all happens to my clients in "waves"

tim

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Older than the internet.

totally agree but it doesn't stop us from being ontop of it, this forum isn't just about seasoned domainers but also newbies and this kind of info may be not known to them yet.

if this wasn't in a different format to one i had seen i would not have posted.

tim

Ashman

Top Contributor
I have a website I want to develop called Rort.com.au

Maybe we should start documenting all these dodgy practices on a website.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
Yes I got the ole, Domain Renewal Group "courtesy" letter the other day for one of my .com's.

Laughed all the way to the shredder. :D

payattention

Archived Member
totally agree but it doesn't stop us from being ontop of it, this forum isn't just about seasoned domainers but also newbies and this kind of info may be not known to them yet.

if this wasn't in a different format to one i had seen i would not have posted.

tim

Renewal scams have been around for ages, if you fall for it in 2012 you're stupid (you, not generalising) and probably deserve it. It's really no different to sending random ABC company an invoice for ink toner or other services.

acheeva

Top Contributor
At times of total boredom I have been known to reply with detailed step by step instructions on what to do with there form and where it can go

Sometimes I impress myself with my ingenuity

On other occasions where they want the "Name on the Card" I have added "AFP Expense Card"

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member