What's new

Domain for Email purposes or use ADSL provider?

ttfan

Top Contributor
Hey Guys

I hope you can give me some tips here.

We're running a online shop as a small family business. I have our online shop hosted with Cpanel hosting with Netlogistics.

Although I'd prefer to use our Domain name as the Email address (i.e. myname@ourdomain.com.au), we have been using Internode Email addresses so far (i.e. myname@internode.on.net), as they are our ADSL provider.

I've heard that an Email service such as Internode is likely to be much more reliable than Email service provided by a host using our domain name, but I don't remember the reasons for this.

I know it's better from a business point of view to use our actual domain as Email address, so my question is how can I do this and still have a reliable service?

THanks guys!

johno69

Top Contributor
an Email service such as Internode is likely to be much more reliable than Email service provided by a host using our domain name

I don't think this is correct at all. You are paying for your hosting that includes the email side, use it.

If it's not reliable I'm sure Net Logistics will fix it right up for you.

Shane

Top Contributor
I use Office365 for our business email. It costs stuff all, is easy to setup and gives you all the functionality of having your own exchange server. And yes you can use your own domain.

ttfan

Top Contributor
Thanks guys

I think Internode uses a dedicated server for Email, whereas hosts generally use the same server as your website, which means if it goes down, you lose both your website and Email.

Joel

Top Contributor
ISP email is generally pretty solid. I've had an internode account for years and it hasn't missed a beat.

I've also had a Google Apps email (paid version) for years and it's been rock solid.

If it's for a business, I'm a big fan of separating DNS, email and hosting to separate machines/locations.

sirrobin

outlook.com is quite good. lets you host your domain for free and upto 50 email addresses.
if you want to pay polarismail or rackspace mail are good options

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members