What's new

Domain Checker Pro

soj

Founder
I’d like to welcome Domain Checker Pro as our newest sponsor.

Their product is a PHP script for bulk checking the availability of domain names – and apparently it does work for .au names as well.

http://domaincheckerpro.com/?ref=dntrade_banner

Please have a look and see what you think. They have provided what seems to be a comprehensive explanation as to how it all works.

If you have any questions, you can contact them directly, or ask questions here.

Please note that it is a product that has to be purchased ($49 by PayPal).

Disclaimer: To other DNT members, Charles from Domain Checker Pro approached us to advertise his services via a paid banner. We’ve done a three month advertising deal. Nobody from DNT gets any kickback or commission.

And unless expressly stated, nor do we necessarily recommend any product or service for any deals promoted on the Domain Services thread. Members must do their own due diligence please.

Joel

Top Contributor
Interesting point Scott. AusRegistry do limit public whois lookups by IP address. Since the script would be running from the end user's system, I'm not 100% sure it would work with bulk lookups unless they were dispersed throughout the day.

I assume a registrar would have either no limit on whois lookups or a much bigger limit so if NetFleet have the functionality, it sounds to me like a better solution (at least for .au domains).

acheeva

Top Contributor
I tried one of these programs that run from my IP address and after a few searches I got a message back that I had been blacklisted

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
The website states it only does a WHOIS when there are no DNS records available to save on the number of WHOIS requests.

If you query 50 names at once that you know are available then I guess it's going to do 50 WHOIS lookups using your servers IP.

RE the NF one.. I haven't used it since 2010 as it was taking days if not weeks to return the results. Figured the request were in a queue because of excess demand.. is it still working?

Mark

Top Contributor
RE the NF one.. I haven't used it since 2010 as it was taking days if not weeks to return the results. Figured the request were in a queue because of excess demand.. is it still working?

Hi FPR, yes it still works (it was offline for a while). 5,000 daily limit for logged in members.

All commands are queued so it may a short while to go through all, but it will get there

Cheers
Mark

Lucas

Top Contributor
You can check au domain availability without doing a full whois.

On linux you can run the following command:

/usr/bin/whois -h whois-check.ausregistry.net.au somedomain.com.au

This will return "Available" or "Not Available" only

You are much less likely to get black listed using the above command than doing a full whois (as I understand it) and would be very wise to rate limit your requests to one lookup per every few seconds at most.

Markz

In the above posts I can see a few questions asked to Charles [from Domain Checker Pro] but still not answered. So is Domain Checker Pro good for com.au?
By the way, has anyone tried it? Is it good at all?

Thanks,

Mark

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads