What's new

Domain Auction Tips

chris

Top Contributor
Here's a handy post from DomainShane.com on domain name auction tips that I thought others might find useful.

Several hours a day I go through the names up for auction and check through the results. Over the years I’ve built myself a little checklist that I am 100% positive leads to higher results.

I've broken out the main points:

• Pick the auction house that has seen the best results for your type of domain.
  • Forward the domain name to the auction.
  • Take off or adjust your Buy It Now prices off at Afternic, Godaddy and any other places that you may have them.
  • Start your beginning bid as low as you can if you have a reserve on the name.
  • If you can give a description, list facts, not opinions.
  • Give solid comparables without reaching.
  • End your auction on Monday through Thursday at any time besides US drive times if you have a choice.
  • Get as many eyeballs to your auction as you can.
  • Make sure you can transfer the domain and the email is correct on the domain you are selling.
  • If you have a page of other domains you have for sale, put that url in your Whois description.

You can read the full post with details for each point here:

http://domainshane.com/selling-a-domain-at-auction-here-is-a-good-checklist/

Cheers,
Chris

findtim

Top Contributor
good checklist.

I'd LOVE to see johno69's TODO list as I think that was one of the best planned sales I have seen and because it was a WIN WIN for both partys in the end.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member