What's new

Domain Age Question

Smile

Hey All!

I realized today that one of the domains (.com.au) I picked up on the DROP had a domain age of 10years and 11months.

Which made me wonder, irrespective of the quality of the domain, does domain age add any value?

And does anyone know how far back .com.au goes?

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Timmy

Banned
hey Smile,

I think technically a drop is a new registration.

I've noticed though that some of the domains I've caught over 6 months ago still show up as being old.

Cheers,T.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Use archive.org to see how old. Unfortunately this is the only way with .au unlike com where I think it's recorded at the registry.

Def adds value to a domain. Google do take it into account. As for whether you might lose this value with a drop and snap I guess it depends whether google notices :)

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Are .com.au whois records as public and viewable to Google as TLDs are? Since you seem to need a Captcha everytime you get details and none of the details are ever sydnicated onto other sites like TLDs

lmb

I don't believe they are as viewable to Google as TLDs. Not only are the details generally hidden behind a captcha or restricted by volume of requests by the registry, there are no aggregate lists of .au domain names for search bots to scan.

soj

Founder
I usually use whois.sc to look at whois details for au domains, i did read a few years back that google became a domain registrar for easy access to domain ages, though without being a .au registrar, or being able to see registration dates on the whois for .au domains, i think it would be quite hard to see how old .au domains are, especially those ones that have never been indexed in google at some point in time.

cherrytron

Top Contributor
Companies like DomainTools allegedly sell data to Google, and they have a lot of whois history on .au names. Even though it is not as easy to get the data as .com, I think there is still a lot of info floating about.

I believe age of a site (not in particular a domain) is a massive contributing factor to your SEO success.

If you follow US serps you will see lots of SEO's having success (temporarily) with dropped domains with PR, they buy an assload more links and rank really well for a while. On competitive, expensive terms this can be very lucrative, even if only for a short time frame.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member