What's new

DNJOURNAL weekly sales posted

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Good to see .com.au has been featuring regularly internationally.

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Country Codes

The country codes turned in yet another impressive week with nine sales of $10,000 or more - in some cases way more - like #1 Devisen.de at $70,472 and #2 Magazyny.pl at $41,580. Sedo sold both of those domains and swept 17 of the 20 positions on our new Country Code Top 20 Sales Chart. Only UpMarketURLs.com (with #5 Amsterdam.tv at $13,500), BliXem Internet (with #11 RSC.nl at $6,615) and Drop.com.au (with #20 Webmaster.com.au at $4,166) were able to break Sedo's near monopoly on the elite list.

Hopefully this translates into some attention from the big overseas players. All they need is an Australian registered TM (they can do it themselves for as little as $250) and after wards they can register as many com.au as they like for monetisation. I cleared this fact with auDA directly.

Best Regards,
George Pongas

Max

Top Contributor
Good to see .com.au has been featuring regularly internationally.

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Hopefully this translates into some attention from the big overseas players. All they need is an Australian registered TM (they can do it themselves for as little as $250) and after wards they can register as many com.au as they like for monetisation. I cleared this fact with auDA directly.

Best Regards,
George Pongas

Are you sure about that ** All they need is an Australian registered TM **

**and after wards they can register as many com.au as they like**

They dont need an Australian ACN first before they can register as many domains as they like ?

Oz.

Top Contributor
Are you sure about that ** All they need is an Australian registered TM **

**and after wards they can register as many com.au as they like**

They dont need an Australian ACN first before they can register as many domains as they like ?
I also happened to heard that this morning from another very reputable source. Was news to my ears.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
I also happened to heard that this morning from another very reputable source. Was news to my ears.

Here is the policy to consider:

Domain Name Eligibility and Allocation Policy Rules for the Open 2LDs (2008-05)
http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2008-05/

SCHEDULE C

ELIGIBILITY AND ALLOCATION RULES FOR COM.AU

The com.au 2LD is for commercial purposes.

The following rules are to be read in conjunction with the Eligibility and Allocation Rules for All Open 2LDs, contained in Schedule A of this document.

1. To be eligible for a domain name in the com.au 2LD, registrants must be:
a) an Australian registered company; or
b) trading under a registered business name in any Australian State or Territory; or
c) an Australian partnership or sole trader; or
d) a foreign company licensed to trade in Australia; or
e) an owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark; or
f) an applicant for an Australian Registered Trade Mark; or
g) an association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory; or
h) an Australian commercial statutory body.

2. Domain names in the com.au 2LD must be:
a) an exact match, abbreviation or acronym of the registrant’s name or trademark; or
b) otherwise closely and substantially connected to the registrant.

If you read this in conjunction with:

2.3 There is no hierarchy of rights in the DNS. For example, a registered trade mark does not confer any better entitlement to a domain name than a registered business name. Domain name licences are allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. Provided the relevant eligibility rules are satisfied, the first registrant to apply for a particular domain name will be permitted to license it.

You can see that there is no degrees of policy compliance. You are either compliant or you are not... So, if you have a Pending or Registered Australian Trade Mark, you meet the basic eligibility requirements, and after which you can do what ever any other com.au registrant can do with a domain. EG: Monetise and sell after 6-months...

I asked auDA this question directly, and they confirmed that my interpretation was correct. However, I do need to state that I recommend take no reliance on my post and seek direct confirmation with auDA if you intend to act on this advice.

Perhaps send an email to auDA, that asks something like:

Can International Trade Mark holders that have registered their mark in Australia - and it therefore it appears on the ATMOSS Database: http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon.application_start - register multiple domains, monetise, and sell their domain after 6-months.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,
George Pongas

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics