What's new

DN Forum special offer

neddy

Top Contributor
I had a chat with Adam, and he is going to make things easier by posting a special 50% discount code for DNT members. :)

It's well worth having a look at some of those Platinum forums (imho).

DavidL

Top Contributor
Have been away for a week or so (down the snow at Falls Creek... normally I hate Victoria but it was great) and saw this thread. I would second all the positive comments about DNforum.com - it was and still is of great benefit to me.

One of the main things it taught me was to stay away from investing in .com's which saved me a packet :)

DavidL

Top Contributor
Because .com's have fallen in value over the last 5 years or so and any new domainer entrants who have arrived and invested in .com in this period have lost a heap.

I lost a few hundred in some dodgy reg's and the odd ill-informed purchase but thankfully my .au investments covered the loss.

neddy

Top Contributor
Because .com's have fallen in value over the last 5 years or so and any new domainer entrants who have arrived and invested in .com in this period have lost a heap.

I lost a few hundred in some dodgy reg's and the odd ill-informed purchase but thankfully my .au investments covered the loss.

I feel a response coming on ............... :)

Honan

Top Contributor

Good on you, David.
Maybe we would not have netfleet if you had succeeded at .com
Do you know what .com values will do over the next 5 years?

The potential buyers of a .com slightly outnumber that of a .com.au
6+ billion against 4 million people

DavidL

Top Contributor
Do you know what .com values will do over the next 5 years?

I think they will continue to stagnate personally. Maybe continue to fall if the number of end users choosing their local ccTLD over .com (or even choosing .co or .nTLD) outweighs the general growth of the internet.

The potential buyers of a .com slightly outnumber that of a .com.au
6+ billion against 4 million people

Yes but potential buyers or size of market doesn't really drive growth.

The potential buyers for US real estate outnumbers the potential buyers for AU real estate but doesn't mean it's a better investment.

Similarly the stock market has had a rough few years but fine art values (tiny market, poor liquidity) have increased greatly.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo