What about these names?

www.australiancoupons.com.au

www.australiavouchers.com.au

www.australian-vouchers.com.au

Develop or sell/price?
thanks

cherrytron

Top Contributor
Everyone going nuts about coupons/vouchers since Groupons $6 billion offer from Google.

Now that Google has created their own "Google Offers" surely they will crush everyone else in the pants.

Good luck to any new start-ups I guess, it's been a gravy train since "shop a docket" but now the big boys are coming in to bat.

:)

Shane

Top Contributor
Yahoo7 bought Spreets.com.au this week for $40m, so there is definitely money being thrown around in the coupon market!

I don't necessarily think Google will crush everyone, far from it. They haven't been able to build marketplaces to "crush" ebay or Amazon, so I think it's far from a given that they'll crush the coupon sites.

soj

Founder
I personally dont think Google will come out and crush everyone. Look at their attempts at other ideas, Google Checkout didnt do much to PayPal, GMail is popular, but didn't crush Hotmail, Gmail Buzz died in the ass, same as Google Wave. I think Google have lost their mojo, and you can see that in their decline in search.

Timmy

Banned
Everyone going nuts about coupons/vouchers since Groupons $6 billion offer from Google.

Now that Google has created their own "Google Offers" surely they will crush everyone else in the pants.

Good luck to any new start-ups I guess, it's been a gravy train since "shop a docket" but now the big boys are coming in to bat.

:)

haha They can crush me into 1% market share and It'll still kick ass :), the more the big boys promote, the higher the search volume for vouchers goes - love it.

Last edited:

Ash

Top Contributor
Congrats on the sale. I agree, the more it gets promoted and bandied about the bigger the pie will become and so your 1% share will be a tidy sum.

cherrytron

Top Contributor
I think this could fit well with Google's other products. Wouldn't be hard for them to launch it hard if they wanted to.

Imagine loading up your Google map and seeing all the little Google offers on it etc.

In the search results for "indian restaurant" and you get offers like they do with news/images etc.

I'm not saying there is no place for competition, and in AU you are a lot safer than a US facing brand ..

All I meant was, if you're just starting this up now, it has to be a bit of a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Timmy

Banned
All I meant was, if you're just starting this up now, it has to be a bit of a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Not really, been watching the model for 18 months. Seems weird that they're this far behind...

The real slap all will be when FB does it (which is soon).

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member