What's new

DiscountVouchers.com.au

Timmy

Banned
DiscountVouchers.com sold the other week for £100 000.

http://www.internetretailing.net/2010/10/discountvouchers-co-uk-adds-new-domain-name-in-100k-deal/

While the yanks are more partial to the word coupon rather than discount voucher, I'm interested in the views of www.DiscountVouchers.com.au value.

Domain age is 9 years 11 months, and after setting up the site and adding a couple of articles last week has already jumped to page 2 for web results - and getting a surprising amount of traffic. I'm adding articles daily and doing some link building etc and aren't likely to let it go any time soon...

As most will know, discounts/savings/vouchers is very competitive in Australia and most of the dominant competition are well established brands.

Wanting some opinions on what can/should be taken away from a sale like this (if anything) and what it means for my 'lil ccTLD in terms of value.

Last edited:

Nova

Top Contributor
It's a great domain - there's plenty of people out there searching for discounts online.

I'd be leaning towards low-mid $XX,XXX

Nova

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I really like this name, it even looks nice

If it sold for $X,XXX that would be a bargain IMO. Shame the sale price wasn't disclosed..

Timmy

Banned
I really like this name, it even looks nice

If it sold for $X,XXX that would be a bargain IMO. Shame the sale price wasn't disclosed..

Cheers, I would disclose however seller asked for discretion so can't kiss and tell in this instance. It was defintely a bargain though ;).

Thanks for the appraisals guys, it's definitely a fun project and a welcome additional to my voucher portfolio.

Tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
yes its a ripper and most of all an attention getter although you may wish to delete the 'hello world' post , good luck with this great name !

my guesstimate is mid $x,xxx minimum

Timmy

Banned
yes its a ripper and most of all an attention getter although you may wish to delete the 'hello world' post , good luck with this great name !

my guesstimate is mid $x,xxx minimum

Nice one, thanks Spaceman!

I noticed the post the other day but alas, the dreaded dog attention span must have taken over!

Timmy

Banned
Ok boys and girls, although I said I wasn't looking to let this name go soon... It will be featuring in next weeks Netfleet Aftermarket auction!

I'm trying to raise some funds for another project I have launching in a few weeks and I've set what I consider to be a very reasonable reserve.

There's a truckload of money to be made with this domain for both a domainer and the right end-user so gather your marbles over the next few days and let's see who's ready to put their money where their mouth is!

Needless to say, SEO advantages of this name (10 years old) in such a competitive industry are HUGE!

I'll also be doing some extensive marketing for this name and look forward to seeing a positive result at the end of auction.

Any questions feel free to fire away. If the buyer is from this forum I would be happy to help out with some custom voucher scripts I've had created over the last couple of years. (Over $70k worth of developed voucher systems including mobile web apps, that I'll resell cheap as chips to help with quick development. If you intend on being a serious bidder and are interested in scripts - feel free to reach out pre-auction.)

Happy bidding!

Jonathan

Top Contributor
It's definitely a great domain, but the search volume is limited - 1300 exacts per month.

Are vouchers a lucrative niche?

Timmy

Banned
Are vouchers a lucrative niche?

Definitely mate, with a name like this we focus on phrase results. I simply uploaded 2 fresh articles with some long tail keywords and the site enjoys a front page ranking and 50-70 uniques a day.

A lot of the searches for discount vouchers are;

"product discount vouchers"
"discount vouchers geographical"

Needless to say that wordpress would be man's best friend. With www.discountvouchers.com.au/geo and www.discountvouchers.com.au/products it wouldn't take long to dominate and get to top #3.

Lucrative depends on what you do with it. With the setup I have I make decent money from it.

Also worth noting that respected members on this forum and the industry say its a sexy name worth $xx,xxx too. Whether the current market agrees or not is another story - time will tell.

Cheers,T

Last edited:

Smile

very good domain.

maybe you already have but if not....you should email a few of those group buying sites like JumpOnIt

Rhythm

Top Contributor
Zoupon has also acquired coupon.com.au sometime in the last fortnight. Also reported by DNJ coupon.ca recently sold for $75600

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
at no stage is soccer called football unless you are not from here or have a european or latin background ...... ( my opinion)

i think the average aussie would agree , however in many other parts of the world for sure they they know it as football ...... happy to agree on that

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member