What's new

Directory Script ...

scurve

Hi All,

I would like to develop one of my names into a directory for that industry.

I've seen some Joomla directories, but they do no look as good as some directory sites out there.

Any recommendations on directory scripts - open source, free or not.

Cheers!!

Ash

Top Contributor
Interesting feedback Paul. I have been considering buying their 'JobRoller' theme - have you any experience with this one?

Cheers.

johno69

Top Contributor
I've not use the Jobroller theme at all sorry. Had considered it for another project for after the directory but have been put off a bit by my experience so far.

It all looks great before you purchase.

The pre-sale forum topics are all answered with "Yes that can be done very easily" etc. These questions are answered very fast from the pre-sales support. But you get the feeling they know nothing about the actual themes.

Once you get into the support forums, you can see many questions that have answers, but these answers are hidden to anyone who hasn't purchased. This gives you confidence that they have been answered with help.

Once you buy the theme, you soon see it's other users saying they have the same issue, and other users screaming because the mods all say "Submit an idea and have users vote then we may look at it" That is the standard response even for bugs.

I fixed a few bugs and gave them the fixes, to be told to submit an idea and vote on it as it was not a bug but a "New Feature" that i wanted.

There are still some major issues that they do not plan to fix.

Anyway i'm just having a rant.. But have spent many hours working to get this theme to a stage where it's usable.

Paul.

Ash

Top Contributor
Missed your reply, sorry mate.

But geez! That doesn't instil confidence - thanks for sharing. Will keep looking.

Cheers.

johno69

Top Contributor
Keeps getting worse. A whole heap of other bugs have been uncovered today and it really is making me reconsider my options. Just a shame I've put so much time into it.

A user asked if they plan to fix the bugs they left in the latest update (from 3 days ago).

The support mod said "Bugs? please report them here"

Then the user went on to list 18 and got sick of posting so said he'll do the rest later.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo