What's new

Direct Selling Domains

Chris.C

Top Contributor
With the AMA looking like it will be shutdown for a year I'm starting to conclude that the best way to liquidate domains will unfortunately come back to good old fashioned direct selling (something I've never done).

I'm considering hiring a telemarketer and giving them a list of domains with some minimum sell prices and letting them loose.

I know a few of you guys have a bit of experienced with this and I was hoping you might be willing to share some insights.

What are the most important things to consider before starting?

What's the best way to go about telemarketing these days? Is this something that should be offshored?

How would you remunerate a domain salesperson?

Does anyone have any cold calling scripts for domain sales?

What marketing resources do you forward to customers to give them more information about the value of domains?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
With the AMA looking like it will be shutdown for a year I'm starting to conclude that the best way to liquidate domains will unfortunately come back to good old fashioned direct selling (something I've never done).

I'm considering hiring a telemarketer and giving them a list of domains with some minimum sell prices and letting them loose.

I know a few of you guys have a bit of experienced with this and I was hoping you might be willing to share some insights.

What are the most important things to consider before starting?

What's the best way to go about telemarketing these days? Is this something that should be offshored?

How would you remunerate a domain salesperson?

Does anyone have any cold calling scripts for domain sales?

What marketing resources do you forward to customers to give them more information about the value of domains?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Chris,

I think the difficulty is getting End User prices with an Outbound Telemarketing effort. Also, the fixed cost can be very expensive if you don't get the results. Believe me, we have tried many ways. Networking has still been the most successful, though we do have banners on some of our sites, and hence we have a small lead pool to hand. I employ one Agent to handle that - but it's hard to target/ remunerate appropriately in my opinion

Chris.C

Top Contributor
My eBook is nearly ready. Would you like an advance copy for the discount price of $285? Great value at that.
Could I tempt you with my discounted proof reading service instead?

In all serious though, are you writing an ebook on domain sales? If so, what does it include?

findtim

Top Contributor
Could I tempt you with my discounted proof reading service instead?

In all serious though, are you writing an ebook on domain sales? If so, what does it include?

I've proof read spaceys book :D

page 1 : search the keyword
page 2: ring them
page 3: hmmmmm, search again, ring someone else
page 4: let it drop

the end

great value :D

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts