What's new

Direct AU Implementation

Shane

Top Contributor
I will probably only register my top 10 domains, in .au provided .com.au holders get 1st choice.
I'd imagine .co.uk domainers, large companies with good generic one word domain names to do the same with .uk
I'd be doing more or less the same thing. Really you have no choice but to protect your top tier domains, but there's no way I'm doubling my holding costs on the whole lot.

findtim

Top Contributor
but there's no way I'm doubling my holding costs on the whole lot.
that will be the tactic for most of us, but for dubbodentist who say has 5 domains then it is the whole lot eg:
dubbodentist, dentistdubbo, nearbytowndentist, otherbranchdentist, jimsmithdentist etccc
tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
that will be the tactic for most of us, but for dubbodentist who say has 5 domains then it is the whole lot eg:
dubbodentist, dentistdubbo, nearbytowndentist, otherbranchdentist, jimsmithdentist etccc
tim

Would say be very selective, I can't imagine they are going to use all of those.

Erwin

Top Contributor
I'm not sure how some other members are going about protecting/re-registering their .net.au names with the impending .au implementation, but as of last week I've decided not to renew some of my .net.au domains to which I have the matching .com.au name for.. (Exception being 1-2 domains that are premium generics)
Has anyone else here taken this approach, given all the info you have read on here so far, and perhaps other forums?

findtim

Top Contributor
i can't personally see a presently unregistered .net.au being able to have any influence in a .au RIGHT of ownership.
even 1 that does get registered tomorrow would fit into the above no-go criteria.
.net.au is the least of the problems auda is wanting to create.
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members