What's new

Direct .au domain rights for com.au owners

Scott.L

Top Contributor
LOL reminds me of another word that also best reflects this survey.

stupidity
  1. behaviour that shows a lack of good sense or judgement.

findtim

Top Contributor
Totalitarianism is a political system where the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible. Totalitarian regimes stay in political power through an all-encompassing propaganda campaign, which is disseminated through the state-controlled mass media,

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
They only need to sample a small % so I wouldn't expect everyone to be sent the survey.

The point is, someone Important in auDA has decided to get some biased evidence to further their cause.

Who is running auDA at the moment?

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
i got 2 promotional emails from netrigistry today, i guess they need someone at auda that knows how to setup a mailchimp account?
you could import the list of domains, they remove duplicate email addresses so i'd only get 1 email thus reducing the "spam" excuse.
and if you sent it to EVERYONE you would honestly only end up with a small % sample anyway.

can't wait for the result if we ever get told " we sampled 500 domain owners with our bias form and 90% were in favour " , then go ask them the number who replied............." aahhhhhhh, 10 " and thats the way they want it.
500 represents 0.034% of owners based on neds 1.7mil figure, but i doubt they would have even sent 500.
tim

my wife bought some shoes, i asked how much $$$, she said 25% off, i ask but how much $$$, 25% off was the reply again !!

Erwin

Top Contributor
Can someone tell me if this will be the only survey that's to be run prior to auDA making a decision as to wether to implement .au at the 2nd level?

ttfan

Top Contributor
I think it's good they're running surveys to get more opinions, although they could done them a lot better with more (balanced information). I do hope they select the domains purely at random, and not handpicked to meet a certain criteria, or else it will not be a meaningful sample of the whole domain space.
I suspect they're not even close to making a decision on .au though, or else they would not be running surveys this late...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member