What's new

differnce between .com.au or net.au

abhi

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what is the difference between .com.au or net.au, from SEO side or from search engine side.

Do you think if a .com.au site is getting a lot of traffic , then it worth registering .net.au ?

I have this adult domain in mind and off course .com.au is taken and .net.au is available and GAKT ,exact is about 100,000 per month.

Please someone explain.

Thanks
Abhi

Last edited:

aus11

Top Contributor
I've had a lot of success ranking .net.au domains. However, I try to only buy .net.au if the .com.au is taken but not being used. the reason for this is that if I find the .com.au version of the domain in the NetFleet sale directory with an extremely high price on it, I figure I got some time to own the marketing before the .com.au comes into play.

Most of my main sites are .net.au so I may be biased, but they are getting me about 100k visitors a month - so I'd say for SEO they are just fine.

abhi

I've had a lot of success ranking .net.au domains. However, I try to only buy .net.au if the .com.au is taken but not being used. the reason for this is that if I find the .com.au version of the domain in the NetFleet sale directory with an extremely high price on it, I figure I got some time to own the marketing before the .com.au comes into play.

Most of my main sites are .net.au so I may be biased, but they are getting me about 100k visitors a month - so I'd say for SEO they are just fine.

This domain name i am looking at , .com.au is already and is well establish in the market and I was thinking if I could buy net.au might be able to get some traffic.
Just chkd GAKT and it is 256,000 for exact.

Do you think I should register it.
thanks

aus11

Top Contributor
That is quite a lot of traffic, if you think you can rank for the keyword then I'd go for it.

abhi

yeah, you are rite,
it is only $16 and It does get a lot of traffic. Just finished buying it and waiting for the confirmation.

Domain name is very popular, it is very popular term and We aussies use it all the time and I am not sure why no one has thought of buying it
or it might be my luck that I got it. :)

I will release the domain name once I get the confirmation of registration.

stay tuned guys :cool:

xwdomains

Top Contributor
If the .com.au is rarely ever going to become available .net.au is the next best option

some .net.au have outranked .com.au

soj

Founder
yeah, you are rite,
it is only $16 and It does get a lot of traffic. Just finished buying it and waiting for the confirmation.

Domain name is very popular, it is very popular term and We aussies use it all the time and I am not sure why no one has thought of buying it
or it might be my luck that I got it. :)

I will release the domain name once I get the confirmation of registration.

stay tuned guys :cool:

No luck involved abhi - as the other thread said, you have hand regged a domain name that has TM protection. http://www.dntrade.com.au/just-bought-plentyoffish-t4613.html?t=4613

If you ever see a domain name with that much search available for registration, then I would say that 99 times out of 100 there is an intrinsic problem with it.

We're not out to criticize you - merely trying to help you.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo