What's new

Developer Is Helping with new site.

James

Top Contributor
So I decided my current business site needed a re design, I will admit the old site sucked, so I reached out to a dev I know and he is building up a new one using a pre existing theme just editing it a little.

See new design here

Code:
prosperitymedia.com(DOT)au/prosperitymediademo/

Remove (DOT)

Compared with the current design, http://prosperitymedia.com.au

I know it is still in the works, the logo needs to be fixed and we will probably change the image at the top ect...

Think we are moving on the right track?

findtim

Top Contributor
i still think the navigation should be shown on non mobile devices.

I don't think people are used to the 3 bars yet IF not using a mobile device

tim

James

Top Contributor

tim

Agree current site has drop down box on mobile, I guess the thing is for mobile viewers the site is responsive just need a better solution.

Ashman

Top Contributor
Hi James,

I still think you can do better. I am not a big fan of that style of template but they seem to becoming more popular.

I think you need to keep it as simple as possible without too many unneccessary distractions.

findtim

Top Contributor
looking again, and this would be a simple change to make, the opening image to me is BLEAK, so just find a more UP LIFTING image and it will totally change the first impression of the site i feel, doing that will make the rest of the scroll more in tune with your business.

at the moment i think you would get a high bounce rate and as you are wanting SEO services its vital that you prove people will stick to your site.

a yacht in the open sea isn't a hard image to find online, as you client base is only wanting your service so they can own THAT yacht.

tim

James

Top Contributor
First image is getting changes for sure, that is just the stock one they provide,

Finding a better image which will fit into the site is the issue...

BenWalker

Top Contributor
I really think you can do better in terms of theme.

But if you do stick with it, I highly recommend making the floating menu thinner. Possibly a different colour too.
(Similar to this - http://socialgarden.com.au/)

And getting rid of the hamburger on non mobile view.

Alex

Top Contributor
Thought a few examples I like that have some similarity to the design might be of help....

www.themonkeys.com(dot)au <--- I really like this one
www.australianmediagroup(dot)com <--- Colorful
www.isentia(dot)com <--- Very SEO PRO
www.leoburnett(dot)com.au <--- Colorful
www.carbon-media(dot)com.au <--- Not a big fan
www.fremantlemedia(dot)com.au <--- Kinda Boring

+ my quick interpretation of them... Might give some quick easy ideas / offer design elements to help add a bit of personality to the template.

If you like James I could do a quick mock up of bits and pieces of each to give you some ideas? Got a bit of time on my hands while waiting to hear about a job so am happy to help.

Alex

Top Contributor
Actually the more I play with them

www.leoburnett(dot)com.au <--- Looks better from the 3rd image in.
www.carbon-media(dot)com.au <--- Now that I figured out the scroll thing it might be my favorite one.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
"Stock photos that don’t suck":
https://medium.com/p/62ae4bcbe01b

My first impression is the site looks a little thin and untrustworthy. Agree that it looks very boilerplate and that you can do better (sorry to be blunt).

I think the service you provide is good, but the site does not reflect the quality that you offer.

James

Top Contributor
First image will be changes soon, just trying to pick one which is good seems to be near impossible.

All the stock sites are good but non seem to have "business images" which are "up lifting" agree 100% with comments

Ashman

Top Contributor
First image will be changes soon, just trying to pick one which is good seems to be near impossible.

All the stock sites are good but non seem to have "business images" which are "up lifting" agree 100% with comments

I like using images from real life situations. Maybe you can use an image from one of those seminars you always attend or a screen capture from a video you have taken at an event.

Alex

Top Contributor
I think the real life situation photos is a great idea!!!

James in my view what very quickly and highly recognizably separates you from many SEO professionals is your profile image. I see it everywhere.

If am correct you manage / facilitate classes, SEO meet ups, etc <--- I would use these images, but have them touched up using photoshop (possibly by someone on fiver)

plano

tim

sbs.com.au is now using a three bar hidden navigation on its home page (which appears to be responsive)

James

Top Contributor
More changes have been added to the site.

In the works are the following changes over the weekend -

- number up the top.
- making the arrow more clear
- fixing the 3 bar thing - we will pick something else for the nav.

Overall I am happy with new design vs old design, just more tweaks to come =)

findtim

Top Contributor
MUCH better image but slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww to load

and then when i scrolled down it was annoying, hard to explain really, i just cut his heas and feet off weirdly.

http://screencast.com/t/jCBkcfISbI

top left logo looks great, top nav look great ........ if you have a developer i'd suggest you get them to do a drop down of 3 pages from the nav NOW, as what happens is in 3 months you decide to expand the site and the general NAV CSS looks like s^^T and you have to pay him again to fix it, so get it done NOW.

social icons cool.

still to much "realestate being wasted IMO,
http://screencast.com/t/v52lz8EKnvdw

keep pushing UP, get it all tighter IMO, but here is the key, when you are talking to the dev person get them to make the "padding/ margin " = 23

this way they can find it easily when you say " ummm to tight or maybe more " , they can find the css place quicker and you can get it fixed quicker

TIP is: use weird numbers in css, 23, 78, 56
don't use 20, 30 , 40

hope that helps and as always .... make your own decisions.

tim

James

Top Contributor
Yeah site takes 7-8 seconds to load will try and get it down to 2-3 seconds...

Agree space is been wasted, we will try and fix more up.

The pages at the top not too worried about them, we will just put the number at the top right to drive calls.

Thanks for the feedback

James

Top Contributor
More changed implemented, mostly Tims recommendations.

Just working on speed now, aim to get it under 3 seconds.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member