What's new

debtcollectors.com.au

findtim

Top Contributor
webpark i'm not having a go at you, just the question.

when i buy a domain name i "do the numbers" , so lets use your domain as an example.

first i would ask myself :

is this the business i'm in or want to be in
who's my customer
what will the customer pay for the services i offer
how much to develop the site
how much to make it rank
whats my breakeven point
how quickly can i achieve that
wheres the growth
who's going to provide the service/product?
how am i going to get the product/suppliers/service providers

if you have those answers then you have the value of your domain

AND then you look at are people actually searching those words and that will either increase or decrease that value.

homeloancalculator.com.au is a good example of that theory

tim

Ashman

Top Contributor
Tim your responses are always welcomed, you are obviously very passionate about what you do and I will take those parameters into consideration when presenting offers to my clients.

I should have mentioned that I was seeking a possible value determination to an end user.

By the way Tim did you track down that business listing site that you said was open source?

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
business listing php program: no i didn't and honestly haven't had time to think about it.

i'll put it on my list for tommorrow and see if i can find it again, its basically " open source php directory" type search but you will know it when you see it when you compare it to my modernbrides dot com au layout

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
yeh bugger, i can't remember how i found it.

what happened was i found another website that was using it and they had left the link to the original GPL source site

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Strong name. Would say $2000-$3000 to a domainer. Would probably be trying for high 4 figures on email inquiries.

neddy

Top Contributor
Strong name. Would say $2000-$3000 to a domainer. Would probably be trying for high 4 figures on email inquiries.

(With my neddy hat on). I like the domain too. Nice name - and I think Snoopy has values about right.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
webpark i'm not having a go at you, just the question.

when i buy a domain name i "do the numbers" , so lets use your domain as an example.

first i would ask myself :

is this the business i'm in or want to be in
who's my customer
what will the customer pay for the services i offer
how much to develop the site
how much to make it rank
whats my breakeven point
how quickly can i achieve that
wheres the growth
who's going to provide the service/product?
how am i going to get the product/suppliers/service providers

if you have those answers then you have the value of your domain

AND then you look at are people actually searching those words and that will either increase or decrease that value.

homeloancalculator.com.au is a good example of that theory

tim

Good one. Thanks Tim.

findtim

Top Contributor
Lead generation

treat it like a franchise, dissect australia up into areas ( i generallly use 40 as a start eg: major cities/areas like sydney and gold coast [ but they can also be split into north/s/e/w ] then in regional areas i go with areas like " northern rivers" , " southern highlands" " gippsland", "tropical north qld" which makes it clear because the government has already done it for you via their tourism dissections )

its all postcode based so there are CLEAR lines of territory.

i think we have talked about this before? but i'll dish it out here.

then use a contact form that is setup to draw from a database the lead in that area and automatically email them the contact info lik i use on my

"waterforwatercoolers dot com au " website

all you need do is sell the idea to 40 debt collectors in 40 areas and you have australia covered.

-----------

by the way ( anyone) you can contract me to set this form up for you as long as you are not in my business sectors ( which are few )

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Any ideas of how to develop it? Direct advertising?

I'd suggest learning as much as you can about the debt collecting business. Needs to be run yourself to really make an income from this I think. If you are trying to make money from advertising or just taking a commission then I don't think the metrics are strong enough, it will be pocket money whereas it could be a proper business.

If you don't want to go that far I would park it and wait for a buyer.

findtim

Top Contributor
if you create the business model then surely the domain is worth more.

eg: like any franchise they start with one store , get it right and then branch out. so why not start with just your location, contact someone local and pitch the idea.

you'll end up with some history on analytics and see if its a goer.

also you could get into an affiliate program for one of those businesses that offer to "buy your debt" , the person looking for a debt collection agency might also want to prevent it in the future? baycorp dot com au is what came up when i did a quick search.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
if you create the business model then surely the domain is worth more.

eg: like any franchise they start with one store , get it right and then branch out. so why not start with just your location, contact someone local and pitch the idea.

you'll end up with some history on analytics and see if its a goer.

also you could get into an affiliate program for one of those businesses that offer to "buy your debt" , the person looking for a debt collection agency might also want to prevent it in the future? baycorp dot com au is what came up when i did a quick search.

tim

If the business model is bad it may not be worth more, the end result is often low levels of income & people put off who were otherwise interested in buying the domain.

So do it properly or not at all is my advice, and if it doesn't gain traction quickly switch it back and do something else. Affiliate programs and "franchises" of a business that isn't even working yet for one person is not the answer.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member